Weird monitor flickering

Earlybite

Hi there!

Some few month ago I found this very good software and worked with it and with my 1920*1200 24" monitor with no problem.

Recently I changed my monitor to 2560*1440 27" and there starts the problem.

The flickering occurs, if I start and end (or change to desktop with ALT+TAB) my flightsim.

(I create some terrain for the sim, so I change with ALT+TAB between Paint.Net and the sim.)

Before starting the sim no flickering occurs. Since the sim started flickering occurs, if I paint e.g. a rectangle, even if I load some images via drag&drop (everytime a picture loads it is flickering).

This flicker is not all over the monitor, only at the lower screen edge and in size of the taskbar.

My OS: Win7 64bit

Paint.Net: 3.5.11

Recently I've downloaded version 4 and I will give it a try.

Maybe you can give an advice how to avoid this flickering.

TIA

Earlybite

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I reinstalled all<!>. Win7, all m software...and used the newest AMD driver for my GigaByte HD 7770. And it works now...

But it's a little weird that flickering occurs if you change your monitor from 1920*1200 24" to 2560*1440 27" if you use ALT + TAB , isn't it?

But ok, it works now.

Regards

Earlybite

Earlybite,

Sorry I missed this before, but this does not sound like a Paint.NET issue;rather, a video card driver issue.  Increasing the size of your monitor may have overtaxed it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hi david,

yes you are right! :)

My specs:

i5-IVY-Bridge-3450 3,1 GHz, GigaByte HD 7770

I would had known if there would have been something overtaxed ;)

Serious, I couldn't imagine that a new monitor can cause flickering *if* switching with ALT + Tab:

Remember that I hadn't had any flicker with this new new monitor *before using ALT + TAB!

In my opinion it is weird...

But, how ever, no<!> it was no paint.net issue!

And to find help I decided to sign in...

I feel very well with this software. Exellent job!

The only thing now is, if I used ALT + TAB, that the arrangement of the windows of paint.net is lost. I always have to change to full size and back to normal window size of paint.net.

This can be a windows issue, or one of paint.net <shrug>

Thanks

Earlybite <who is creating tiles with paint.net>