Need Help! Abrmate..

I apologize if I did not post this in the correct place, however, I would like to begin using custom brushes in Paint.Net!

So here's the deal, I've already downloaded and installed the plugin for paint.net in order to use/create custom brushes.  Great..now here's where  I'm starting to have issues.  I am aware that the brush file that is downloaded is generally in an abr format and in order to be used in paint.net must be converted to a png file.  

So, I first downloaded abrViewer.  It continued to crash on me, so then I downloaded AbrMate.  It is pretty straightforward on converting to png files.  Now...here's where the problem comes in to play...I download a brush set online that I really like, (I have tried a few different brush sets from different websites as well) and then go to upload it in AbrMate and this message pops up: 

(I am sorry for the size)  I really don't know what I am doing wrong in the process.  I would like to have some nice custom brushes to use on paint.net.  Any help would be great!  Thank you so much!!

errormsg.jpg