Noob-Question: 4bit 8bit 16bit 24bit - images...

Hi im quite new to image-editing / creating.

so i kind of downloaded Paint.NET because its free and seems so mutch simpler to use than PhotoShop or PS Pro and stuff like that..

so im now at making some logo's and trying to learn that for example to use in windows (resources) like visual styles or bootscreens and even more.

but to do this i require some 4bit (16color) and some 8bit (256color) and some 16bit(way more colors) images

but some how up until now PN only seems to support 24bit images (Bitmaps)

so my question how can i create my images and 'scale???' them to 256color palat's or even 16color palat's

lots of thanks up front....

making the best i can, im neither skilled nor tallented, I just try to do my best to make something look well enouth for my neads...

but thats not the same as 8bit bmp's (bacause for example, if you want to change some logo's ir styles for your favotire many wil only support 256color bmp's ...

making the best i can, im neither skilled nor tallented, I just try to do my best to make something look well enouth for my neads...