Resizing phone camera photos

I've uploaded photos from my phone camera, it's a samsung and I uploaded them with picasa 3. Opened them in windows picture gallery and then with Paint.Net to resize them. They resize okay but when I try to save them the Save Configuration window says 'preview, file size: (error) and there is no image showing in that window. I've tried with a couple of other pics from my phone and the same thing happens. Then tried with a photo from another source and this was okay.

Does this mean I can't resize these photos? They're too large to upload on some sites that I use - hope there's something I can do about this as I was dead chuffed when my phone turned out to have more mps than my camera!

I've uploaded photos from my phone camera, it's a samsung and I uploaded them with picasa 3. Opened them in windows picture gallery and then with Paint.Net to resize them. They resize okay but when I try to save them the Save Configuration window says 'preview, file size: (error) and there is no image showing in that window. I've tried with a couple of other pics from my phone and the same thing happens. Then tried with a photo from another source and this was okay.

Does this mean I can't resize these photos? They're too large to upload on some sites that I use - hope there's something I can do about this as I was dead chuffed when my phone turned out to have more mps than my camera!

• 3 weeks later...

Try opening the image, selecting all, and copying it onto the clipboard; then paste it into a new image, resize and save. Hopefully that will work.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 5 months later...

Necropost? I think so. Spamout!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.