.dss alpha channel problems

Hello. I'm using the .dss plugin to mod textures for a game. However, it doesn't save alpha channels correctly, so that when I install the textures, they are all "shiny". When I use GIMP, it seems to work, but only if I select a "lock alpha" button. Is there something similar I can do with paint.net? The GIMP UI is horrible, and I'd prefer to use your program. Thank you.

Hello. I'm using the .dss plugin to mod textures for a game. However, it doesn't save alpha channels correctly, so that when I install the textures, they are all "shiny". When I use GIMP, it seems to work, but only if I select a "lock alpha" button. Is there something similar I can do with paint.net? The GIMP UI is horrible, and I'd prefer to use your program. Thank you.

I think it is more likely that the game doesn't load alpha textures properly, if you have to use a hack in GIMP and it doesn't work in PdN at all.

Try saving as a .PNG from Paint.NET, opening it in GIMP, then saving it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think it is more likely that the game doesn't load alpha textures properly, if you have to use a hack in GIMP and it doesn't work in PdN at all.

Try saving as a .PNG from Paint.NET, opening it in GIMP, then saving it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.