Pen Tablet Brush Pressure

Hi, new paintnet user here with a quick question....

I just bought a Bamboo pen tablet which does support pen pressure changes when painting, it won't work on my PC with PaintNET though. Here's what it says in the PaintNET online help regarding brush pressure:

This tool also has Tablet PC support. The thickness of the brush will be varied depending on how much pressure you put on the tablet's screen with the stylus. Support for this feature requires a Tablet PC that is running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Is a Tablet PC different from a regular PC, or am I just missing something??

Musikman

It is different, yes. Pressure sensitivity only works in Paint.NET with Wacom+Vista.

But even then, it won't work as soon as the new version comes out. It might come back later, it might not.

A note: Please make sure you use search before making a post. ( http://searchpaint.net )

It does help a lot. Using your thread title, I got several results with the answer to your question. :-) Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you very much!

I'm sure you read the rules, too, riiiiiight? ;-) You just, um, forgot about 1.2, I'm sure. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Thank you. :-)