problem

modboy8

alright i had paint.net then i uninstalled it. and now when i download it goes to the part where it downloads then it says prepairing to remove and i try tht and it says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable then at the bottom it says press ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "paintdotnet_1289918186.msi" in the box below and i cant find tht file. How can i fix this cause i love paint.net

Q: Are you trying to install Paint.NET to your computer or to a network drive such as a server, in hopes of running Paint.NET from that server / computer from anyother computer on the same network ?

A: If so you may as well forget it, I tryed this myself and .NET Framework does not like it. You have to install it to each system / Computer. There is a Unattended Installation that will allow you to install Paint.NET to computers on a network from a server so you wont have to do it manually.

Q: Are you logged in as an Administrator ?

A: If no then you should log in under an Administrator as Paint.NET will need to do somethings that can only be done by an Administrator account.

Q: Did you delete your old Paint.NET or did you uninstall it ?

A: If you deleted it then you may want to run the Windows Clean Up Toolto remove Paint.NET. This will then allow you to install Paint.NET again.

Q: Did you remove .NET Framework ?, Do you have .NET 3.5, have you tryed repairing .NET Framework ?

A: If you removed the .NET Framework then you will need to reinstall it. Get .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 if needed. Try repairing your .NET Framework, it can't hurt.

Your topic title breaks [rule=6]Rule #6[/rule], which reads that topic titles must be descriptive. This in order for both the right user to see your problem and help more efficiently, and more importantly, for a clean and organised Forum; imagine if the Forum was littered with 'Question!' and 'request!!!!', searching would become difficult to say the least.

Because of this, I'm going to lock your topic. This doesn't stop you from posting again, in fact, the advice given already should be able to get you out of this sticky situation in no time.

Topic locked