None of my manually-added effects are showing up

Here's the thing. One day, i decided to make something on paint.NET. I looked at the tutorials for something cool to make, but it needed a few effects. Usually, I would just go to another tutorial, but the Energy Ball just sounded so cool. I installed the effects it told me to. I re-opened paint.NET, only to find a message that said that a few files were missing or damaged, and it asked me if I wanted to repair them. I clicked yes, and started on my image. When the tutorial said to use a certain effect, I opened up the effects window, just to find that I only had the default effects that came with the download of paint.NET. Anyone have an idea of what I should do?

When you download a .zip file, you need to download it, then extract the files to C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects.

When you download a .dll file, you need to save it right to C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects. Then, either restart (if you have it open already) or open Paint.NET. If the effects still do not work, post another reply or PM me.

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!