Font issues

AMG Vampire

true type is represented by a pic with TT, and open is an O.....but my files all say truetype in the text even tho the pics vary from O to TT around 50/50, and a lot of the o types work fine. when i install files 1 out of every 100 works in paint.net nomatter what the actual file type is. And ive noticed that a lot of the fonts that came with paint.net have O type pics. So how can i get the files into the program properly? ive exported about 800 fonts into the sytem and i only have around 10 new fonts in the programm. Ive read the post and followed the directions, yet still it doesnt work properly.

Please help?!? :(

Vamplogo2673337.jpg

Paint.NET only supports TrueType fonts. OpenType is not supported.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Read the post b4 u respond!!! And try helping. stating the obvious which has allready been stated in the initial question is not helping anyone and shows a lack of intelligence!

(1/2 of the fonts that came with paint.net have an O that represents the open type.)

But even the TT (truetype) are not working! 10% of the fonts are working 95% of the ones i have installed are TT.

What is causing the TT to not work? and why does a program that doesnt support o type have them in it and functioning?

What do i need to do in order to get the other 790 TT fonts to work?

Vamplogo2673337.jpg

I did read your post. If Paint.NET isn't supporting OpenType fonts, it's because Paint.NET doesn't support OpenType fonts. I don't know how some of them work, but you can't ask us to make all of them work when none of them are supposed to work. :-)

As for the TrueType issues, you must have some bad fonts. Where did you get them from?

(Oh, recommendation: lose the attitude.)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 2 weeks later...

never had an attitude....just think you mis conceived my first post. im getting them from freefonts sites only the main ones that pop up from google. the o type thing i was talking about was just me wondering why they worked. i never even slightly hinted towards you making them all work. 8)

Vamplogo2673337.jpg

Read the post b4 u respond!!! And try helping.

^ I believe that is why David told you to lose the attitude, and yes the way that is worded does come off as a bad attitude.

Thing is Paint.NET may use Open-Type fonts in its menu and what not but it can't support Open-Type for typing on the canvas. I think it got something to do with the .NET Framework. Now if your lucky to have a Open-Type work then good but Rick can't say it supports it just because one works out of 100. Open-Type are not supported as they are known to not work. True-Type are supported and most fonts are made in both Open-Type and True-Type.

There is such a thing as a bad font. Bad fonts are just a fact of life, and something that we really can't solve. They may work fine on another program, but not here. You can try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, but I really can't guarantee anything. Give it a shot, though.

Free fonts sites are very likely to give you that sort of thing.