Where is Paint.net exe?

I want to configure Adobe Organizer with a "supplemental editing application," to wit: paint.net. However, Organizer requires a path to the executable.

That's why I need to know where PaintDotNet.exe is.

The deployment on this PC was via the Microsoft Store. On my previous PC, I used the downloaded app and had no trouble making this connection.

• 2 weeks later...

But I learned something today, specifically where the executable is for store apps. That answer is \Program Files\WindowsApps. It's a hidden folder with very tight security, but a little tinkering with permissions allowed me to navigate to the proper folder and select the executable. Then Organizer opened it without a problem.

It felt as if I were trying to get at the nuclear codes.

9 hours ago, BaltimoreWill said:

It felt as if I were trying to get at the nuclear codes.

Alternatively, you could have followed the previous advice:

On 3/8/2024 at 7:57 AM, Tactilis said:

If Adobe Organizer won't allow you to enter paintdotnet: in its path to executable field, then use a batch file as described in the above documentation.

39 minutes ago, NinthDesertDude said:

Nah, using a .bat is harder than clicking browse tbh

But, as the OP confirmed, it isn't just a case of clicking browse:

10 hours ago, BaltimoreWill said:

It's a hidden folder with very tight security, but a little tinkering with permissions allowed me to navigate to the proper folder and select the executable.

It's Microsoft's choice to make it thus.

And Adobe's choice not to allow anything other than browsing to an .exe or a .bat to populate that field. Not all apps that launch external programs have that restriction.