New proposal for currently approved translation not correct

Hello,

I'm Corsican translator for paint.net and I made proposals 7 months ago to change some strings. I would like to know when these changes will be taken into account.

For each change, I created an issue to inform that the current string was not correct. In the past, it looked to be the correct procedure. I hope this is still true.

For other projects on Crowdin, in addition to the Translator function, I have the Approval function for Corsican language, which allows me to correct a wrong string in Approved status. This additional role could be a way to simplify and speed up the current procedure.

Best regards,
Patriccollu.

Are there strings that you edited that got missed? That's possible, it's happened before, and unintentional. Just point them out to me and I'll make sure they get picked up for the next update.

It is not necessary to "create an issue" in Crowdin (for Paint.NET anyway) -- that actually just adds a ton of noise. I go through every change in the activity log, which catches most things, and then I do search queries for things like "translation added but not yet approved" or "translation changed since approval", etc.

Sometimes when there are two translators making edits (which I'm not sure is the case for Corsican), it can be difficult to figure out which translation to use.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your answer and explanations.

Here are the strings concerned, displayed using "With Unresolved Issues —> Current language" filter enabled:

•     Redo (Step Forward) Shortcut key: Ctrl+Y
  •     Add New Layer Shortcut key: Ctrl+Shift+N
  •     Delete Layer Shortcut key: Ctrl+Shift+Del
  •     Duplicate Layer Shortcut key: Ctrl+Shift+D
  •     Merge Layer Down Shortcut key: Ctrl+M
  •     Properties Shortcut key: F4
  •     Click to select an area of similar color. Hold Shift for Global mode.
  •     Left click to fill a region with the primary color, right click to fill with the sec...
  •     Subtract Hold Alt while drawing with left mouse button

If it happens again in the future, I will not create an issue. I know - thanks to you - that I can use an advanced filter such as "Have translations after approval" which produces the same result.

Best regards,
Patriccollu.