suggestion- keyboard control when using tools like pencil, lasso select, for users with super fast gaming mice

so I've run into an issue with paint.net that is solely the fault of my mouse..its a razor basilisk v3, set to 1600dpi, on a razor firefly v2 gaming mat..this is very helpful for gaming performance.

the problem occurs when doing precision work on a project. my mouse is WAY too responsive, and dialing the dpi down makes it too unresponsive.

now, I already know pdn allows for cursor control with the keyboard arrow keys, are there keys assigned for when say using the pencil tool, eg one key controls black, the other controls white, one key can act as a mouse click when using lasso select..

kind of like an accessibility mode as it were if that makes sense?

/\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out."

aka keys that can also act as the controls for the left and right mouse button.

/\"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" -Optimus prime, Transformers 2007 /\"Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber?" -Commander Cody /\"For a brick, he flew pretty good!" SMaj. Avery J Johnson, Halo 2 /\"Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hackett out."

@Rick Brewster any chance of this coming as a feature?

No. It sounds like you have a mouse configuration problem, or something that can be solved with a macro utility. Paint.NET does not need to provide this functionality for you.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I've had this issue with my old mouse, and its running a stock configuration on mouse and keyboard. I know nothing about macros ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

after spending the last while trying and failing to figure out how to program macros for my keyboard, I've given up, cant figure out how to make it work. I'll just use the mouse I have for my ipad, since its nowhere near as zippy.

turning down the dpi sensitivity on a gaming mouse designed to be fast and zippy and smooth gliding, just isnt an option since it makes the mouse pretty much unusable for anything else.

so..ipad mouse it is.

Gaming mice in general have programmable buttons and those buttons can be set to change between DPI settings, so it takes a single click to go into high-precision low-sensitivity mode when you aren't trying to 360 noscope someone in the head, and another click to get back. Some, like mine, even have a "thumb trigger" that specifically lowers DPI when it's being held and then returns to normal. Should investigate the configuration program that game with your mouse (Razer Central, Corsair iCUE, whatever it is.)

Edited by frio

razor..and I did. 800dpi is...sluggish. makes me wonder what my old logitech m510 was running at, cause that one never felt sluggish, and I'm sure it wasn't at 800 either.