Request: Shape Tool > Delete Key

Short version: Requesting that pressing the delete key removes an unfinished shape from canvas

Long version: Ive been playing with the shape tool and noticed the delete key has no effect. I drew a shape, kept selecting different shapes (which changes the current one on the canvas) and resized it, played with it.... Then I wanted to simply delete it altogether and couldnt. I havent clicked Finish and I can still change the shape, color etc. But cant remove the shape 🤪

Normally Undo would suffice. However... My history windows has more actions than I can count. A single key press would be awesome.

9 hours ago, Disk4mat said:

However... My history windows has more actions than I can count.

1. Just click on the entry in the History window immediately before you started drawing and changing shapes.

You can Undo and Redo as many steps as you like with a single click.

image.png.7a43d903ecb6cdbbb0fef55eb98ff391.png

OR

2. Just drag the unfinished shape off the canvas and then press Enter or click Finish.

Edited by Tactilis

4 hours ago, Tactilis said:

1. Just click on the entry in the History window immediately before you started drawing and changing shapes.
You can Undo and Redo as many steps as you like with a single click.

OR

2. Just drag the unfinished shape off the canvas and then press Enter or click Finish.

Both are work arounds and do the job, thanks. I just find it easier and more logical to press delete. This might be more of an expected behavior and not a feature.

Edited by Disk4mat