Downloading problem

ptstub

You shouldn't need to use anything to do with Adobe. What Adobe product is it trying to open with?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

There is notthing wrong with the downloaded files. It is Adobe on your system. For some reason it has been told to try and open zip files which it can't do as it's a PDF reader. Right click the zip file and go to Open With and see if in the list of programs if there one called Compressed (Zipped) Folders. If so click it and use that to unzip the file. You should have it as it a default zip program that was put into XP and I don't see any reason why they would of removed when making Vista.

David, did that already and the only program listed is Adobe. It seems it was downloaded as an Adobe file. I did replace XP with office 2003 and more recently office 2007 and my laptop came with Vista preinstalled. Any suggestions on what I could do please?

Thanks for your prompt responses so far.

Peter

If you don't have the option to open with "Compressed (Zipped) Folders," try downloading a free zip client such as 7zip. Use that to open the file.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.