Application freezes

I'd like to report following problem:

After working with paint.net several hours continuously, application freezes (fully uses one core and does nothing, window doesn't respond or refresh, task manager reports usually around 40MB memory usage). This happens after using some tool (I remember 'move selected pixels' tool - scaling the selection and after confirming 'add noise' function).

What is more annoying, after I kick paint.net from processes, explorer begins to fully use one core and freezes, resulting in restart as the only option.

I'd suspect some serious memory leak if not for the low memory usage (see above), this seems more like some infinite cycle, although I absolutely don't understand the behaviour of explorer.

I have Paint.NET v3.35 (Final Release build 3.35.3106.20184) installed.

System: Windows XP Home 32bit SP2; dual core processor; 1GB physical memory

Thank you for having a look at this.

What size is the selection you've made? How big is the canvas?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ten images? That might be a bit much. Does it happen with only one?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Varies. Last time it happened with only four if I recall correctly. I haven't experienced it with only one so far, but it's only about a week since I work with paint.net so much - like, all day - so it's hard to tell.

One more thing that crossed my mind, has ever been reported that application doesn't like when there are several other applications running at the same time (like browser, text editor etc); perhaps swapping might be the problem, although that would probably make problems sooner than after usual few hours - just a suggestion.

I'm going to wait for someone else with a greater understanding to answer this. My knowledge is somewhat limited; plus, I've just returned, and I don't know what problems are major with the latest version. :-) So, anyone else - Get to it!