How to put a circle frame around an object w/o using plug-ins

Before I go any further, I want to say how in awe I am of what you all can do with PDN! It astounds me, and also embarrasses me that I'm so bad at it. So I have to keep repeating my new mantra: but you have other talents. . .

Also I want to thank Scooter, BoltBait, and Pixey for their patience, good eyes and advice. I changed my fonts to be easier to read.

Now I've made up a Seal of Souterrain--no not the animal, the insigna. And I need a frame to set it off.

So how would I make a plain circle to surround it? Hopefully manually, since I don't do plug-ins. I know my limits.

I'm still fighting the half-circle of letters surrounding a round picture (the seal) or I'd show you, but it's kinda like the globe with letters around it that you often see, that I need to inclose in an outer "frame".

Thank you for always getting me there, poor as my results may be. If I had a tenth of your talent, I'd have such great covers, I'd be a best selling author! 

Renee

I spoke too fast--it seems I don't know how to put the circles.

I can make them appear, but not control them. The size looks fine then slides into another size and position. I tried using the shift key but that appeared to make it worse.

My hands are really  unsteady sometimes (I have neuropathy) I know that, but still and all. I looked up the US Seal and it's surrounded by a gold ring--that I can never do!--and a green one it looks like. But I can't even guess the right size for the brush.

If I can just get the control, I can play with the color.

Dare I say, Help? Or will I get thrown off?

Renee

Edited by rlg

I spoke too fast--it seems I don't know how to put the circles.

I can make them appear, but not control them. The size looks fine then slides into another size and position. I tried using the shift key but that appeared to make it worse.

My hands are really  unsteady sometimes (I have neuropathy) I know that, but still and all. I looked up the US Seal and it's surrounded by a gold ring--that I can never do!--and a green one it looks like. But I can't even guess the right size for the brush.

If I can just get the control, I can play with the color.

Dare I say, Help? Or will I get thrown off?

Renee

I'll try to make it easy for you. Attached is a ScreenCap video of the process. I put it in a zip file because I can't post an mp4 on here. Download and unzip...

(less than 1 mb)

Plane_Sig2.gif

Awhh, such a pretty red circle. But you're using a much later version than I have and all those commands are not available to me.

So you went to a lot of work for me, and I thank you, but---

You must be younger than I by about 50-60 years so I may seem stupid but I'm just not digital.

Renee

My post didn't. racerx, I thank you for the video but I my version of PDN is almost the first one ever out! So I don't have access to all the commands you showed.

I said I thought you were 50-60 yrs. younger but I reverse that downward. More like maybe 40 or 45?