Merging Unique Images

BuzzKill

You might wanna try the Magic Wand for that. If the background area (color) is extremely different than the object you want to cut out, this would be very easy. For example, the picture with your son (cute kid btw) playing in the snow would be fairly easy. His outfit is very different than the background (the sky, snow, or whatever is behind him) color.

On the other hand, if the object you want to cut out (isolate) is surrounded by similar colors, then it will be a pain in the arse and take you some time to get it just right. Another example, the picture to the left of the one with your son in the snow (the group photo) would be a little harder. It would be a little tricky to isolate a single face. Since all three faces are close together and have similar skin tones, the magic wand will have a hard time determining if there are seperate objects there or if it is just one big object.

Play around with the tolerance level to find the "sweet spot". If the Magic Wand doesn't select the entire object you are trying to isolate, just press and hold the Ctrl key and use the Magic Wand again to select more of the object while keeping the previous selection. In other words, it will broaden (add to) the selection. You may need to adjust the tolerance level again while adding to the selection.

I hope this helps you out. If not, just ask again. I'm sure a more seasoned Paint.NET user will be more than happy to help you out.

Also, I hope you get back to your normal self soon. I had a full leg cast about 2 years ago and it just plain sucked!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.