Request: color of pixel being hovered over

Similar to how the position of the cursor is shown in the status bar in the lower-right, I would like to additionally see an RGB/Alpha value shown in the status bar. That way the color/alpha of a pixel can be determined without actually having to select the pixel using the :ColorPicker: Color Picker tool. I made a quick mock-up to serve as an example.

colorhoverxw4.png

My apologies if this is already possible another way or if this feature has already been requested. I did a couple searches (one on "picker" and another on "color AND hover") but couldn't find anything similar to my request.

Similar to how the position of the cursor is shown in the status bar in the lower-right, I would like to additionally see an RGB/Alpha value shown in the status bar. That way the color/alpha of a pixel can be determined without actually having to select the pixel using the :ColorPicker: Color Picker tool. I made a quick mock-up to serve as an example.

colorhoverxw4.png

My apologies if this is already possible another way or if this feature has already been requested. I did a couple searches (one on "picker" and another on "color AND hover") but couldn't find anything similar to my request.