Basic Text Editing

Hey everybody, I just got/discovered paint.net yesterday and glad it's way better than mspaint :)

I'm trying to make a product label and am having trouble with what appears to be some limitations with the program. The Text feature does not allow me to highlight text and put only specific words in BOLD, what it does is it places everything in bold. It would also be nice if you could create a layer to come back and resize/reposition the text box later --By searching here it appears that that is in the works for the next version so that's good. This selective BOLD issue though - not cool, even MSPaint can do that. Adding the textbox outline would aso be a good idea.

Let me know if any of you know of a good way to get around this. I have not had good luck transferring over text from other programs.

I'm a noob to all of this graphics witchcraft... lol I've seen a lot of good work here. I hope to learn more from you guys.

Thanks

Paint.NET's text tool is extremely basic. It doesn't support re-editing, as once you leave the tool, any text is converted into an image. It also doesn't support selective formatting like partial bold. You have to use the tool twice for that.

Re-editing is planned for a future release. I don't know about selective formatting though.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!