Constraining (M)ove Selected Pixels

mcescher

Hi All,

I'm experiencing some difficulty, hope you can help.

Win XP Pro, Core 2 Quad, 4 GB, PDN 3.36, canvas is 2400x2400

Pasted an image into a new layer, and then resized using the shift key and the handles to maintain the aspect ratio. Works fine. Click on a new layer, and do some work... then go back to the first layer because I need to resize the picture slightly. Ctrl-A to select all and then using the handles resize the selection to just around my picture. Now when I hold shift to maintain aspect ratio, it forces to a square aspect ratio even though my selection isn't square.

I did try clicking off the layer, clicking back and then selecting just the pic, and that maintains the right aspect ratio. Is this correct operation, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chris :D

Hi All,

I'm experiencing some difficulty, hope you can help.

Win XP Pro, Core 2 Quad, 4 GB, PDN 3.36, canvas is 2400x2400

Pasted an image into a new layer, and then resized using the shift key and the handles to maintain the aspect ratio. Works fine. Click on a new layer, and do some work... then go back to the first layer because I need to resize the picture slightly. Ctrl-A to select all and then using the handles resize the selection to just around my picture. Now when I hold shift to maintain aspect ratio, it forces to a square aspect ratio even though my selection isn't square.

I did try clicking off the layer, clicking back and then selecting just the pic, and that maintains the right aspect ratio. Is this correct operation, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chris :D

• 1 month later...

You may be using the wrong tool to scale the selection. The white arrow is to change the size of the actual thing you want to modify, the blue arrow is to change the size of it or move it. The rectangle will make a completely new selection of where you want to change.

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!