How can I paste something in multiple images at once?

Basically, I'm working on a project which involves slides and I have several hundred slides; but many of those have little mistakes which can be fixed easily by pasting the correction in the wrong slides. Even though you can open multiple files at once, it would still be extremely slow and painful to open each file and paste in it the corrections. Is there any way to paste something in multiple files at once?

Edited by CrusaderMapper
I said I didnt know how to do one thing, but then I found a way

15 minutes ago, CrusaderMapper said:

Since you can't open multiple files at once

Yes you can. Two ways:

1. File -> Open and select the files in the normal way (Ctrl click for individual files or Shift click for a range)

2. In File Explorer, select multiple files and drag them into the paint.net window.

19 minutes ago, CrusaderMapper said:

I have several hundred slides; but many of those have little mistakes which can be fixed easily by pasting the correction in the wrong slides.

Is there any way to paste something in multiple files at once?

You can't do this in paint.net but there may be other ways.

Please show an example couple of slides with the "little mistakes" and what you'd want to paste in as the correction.

Is the pasted correction to be placed in the same position each time?

Posted (edited)

Yea sorry I just found another method, I put paint.net as my default app for opening photos and this way it lets me select multiple and then by clicking "open" I can actually open multiple images at once.

Image 1

Image 2

For example, do you see that in Image 1 there is a white country (Bearn) next to that green country (Navarre)? That white state should also appear for example in image 2, so what I would do usually with a few slides is select the area with the missing part, copy and paste it into the slides that don't have it.

Also yes, the correction has to be placed always in the same place.

Edited by CrusaderMapper
Messed up links for some reason

6 hours ago, CrusaderMapper said:

I put paint.net as my default app for opening photos and this way it lets me select multiple and then by clicking "open" I can actually open multiple images at once.

Yes, that a valid method too.

6 hours ago, CrusaderMapper said:

so what I would do usually with a few slides is select the area with the missing part, copy and paste it into the slides that don't have it.
Also yes, the correction has to be placed always in the same place.

There's no way to do that across multiple images directly in paint.net.

It could be scripted in paint.net using AutoHotkey but that's not trivial to do.

I'd look at scripting the merging of images using G'MIC:  https://gmic.eu/tutorial/ 

You could create a .PNG image of the appropriate size containing your correction (the white state Bearn in your example) on a background of transparent pixels.

Using G'MIC you could merge the Correction.png file onto each of your map slide files.