How to create graph paper in 5.0.12?

Go to solution Solved by Tactilis,

• ElDub2023 changed the title to How to create graph paper in 5.0.12?
1 hour ago, ElDub2023 said:

I tried to install that plug-in, along with the parallel lines & patterns plug-in, but nothing showed up under my Effects drop=down after doing what the read-me files said to do. Is there something else I am missing?

You should follow what the updated Parallel Lines and Patterns post https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/30417-parallel-lines-and-patterns/ says:

Installation

Follow the instructions carefully

• Unzip "ParallelLines.Effect vX.X.zip"
  • Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the "Effects Folder." A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET".    MOD note:  copy these to the "Effects Folder." (Previously they were in File Types - no longer now).
  • Copy the two files 'ParallelLines.Effect.dll/dlc' to the Paint.NET\Effects\ folder. A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects".

Don't do what the old read-me file in the .zip says regarding the location of the OptionBasedLibrary .dll/.dlc files.

When you restart paint.net you should then see the plugins.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Just to confirm Graph Paper works fine, visible under Effects > Render.
Paint.net 5.0.12, classic installation.
Already installed in Effects folder OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.8 (.dlc, .dll) and OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9 (.dlc, .dll)

The read me file for Parallel Lines was the issue (along with my ignorance). 😉

"Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!) A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET"."

I put it all in the Effects folder & it works now. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1