Can't save tiff file ("unspecified error") and other issues

This may be related to the other thread about an unspecified error while saving tiff after upgrading to XP SP3, but I'm running SP2. 1 gig of memory...

I loaded a USGS topo map, a large tiff file as can be obtained from libremap.org. Made some edits, then tried to save, as a tiff. Got "unspecified error". Same thing with jpeg. Can save as gif or bmp, but whites get inverted to blacks in that case. Saving as a pdn and reloading is fine.

Finally tried select-all and copy, in hopes of getting my edited image out somehow. Seemed to go into the clipboard ok (took a while), but on exiting and starting Windows Paint and "paste", got "error accessing clipboard data".

The file really isn't that big, 7.5MB...the original tiff and the pdn are about the same size.

Thanks but...you might work on your reading comprehension.

You may want to try working on your people skills. I was trying to help. So there was no need for your remark.

(Edited Message: Forget what I typed here, after that remark I have no interrest in this topic anymore)

You may want to try working on your people skills. I was trying to help. So there was no need for your remark.

Why thank you for that kind suggestion, kiddo. But really, a little care towards not further degrading the signal-to-noise ratio of the cybersphere isn't too much to ask, eh?

Along those lines...

I found I was able to successfully save the file as a png. I then opened the png file in GIMP, and saved the tiff.

Why thank you for that kind suggestion, kiddo. But really, a little care towards not further degrading the signal-to-noise ratio of the cybersphere isn't too much to ask, eh?
9) Be courteous to others.

You must of missed that when you were looking all over the net for a "downgrading remark that may make you feel smart".

Hey kiddo you came here for help and I tryed to help you. With that you attacked me. Others words you tryed to start something with me for no reason other then I was trying to help. My comment to your remark still stands as is as you seem to not understand the whole thing of respecting others.