I have a cover of a book in JPEG I add to it Fonrt and i need to make sure it flattened -now sure how to do it

How do I flatten the back of an image of a cover to a book that is on JPG. how to i flatten the font on it back 

The font is written directly on the back of the image - it is not a layer I add.

i know that if i add a new layer - it will ask me to merge. but here i am writing directly

can i flatten it or do i need to use the layer on the back of the layer to get it done   

thanks Marily

Welcome to the forum @marilyn

I realise that English is not your first language but unfortunately what you have written is quite hard to understand.

I think you are saying:

- You have opened a JPG image in paint.net

- Because it is a JPG, it only has a single layer (which paint.net calls 'Background').

- You are using the Text tool to type some text directly on the Background layer (i.e. directly on the image).

In this case, there is no need to flatten anything. Just save your image and the text will be part of it.

However, if you do add a new layer above the Background and type the text on that new layer, then to save as a JPG you will need to do:

Image> Flatten   (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F)

or

Layers > Merge Layer Down  (shortcut Ctrl+M)

to reduce the image to a single layer.

If you don't do this, then when you Save as JPG, you will be asked if you want to flatten the image.

If I have misunderstood your question, then please try asking again.