Am I doing this right? (get / set pixel on a surface)

i am trying to copy pixels from the "this.EnvironmentParameters.SourceSurface" using the fallowing code but the resulting image does not contain any of the expected pixels ...

//nudHeight and nudWidth are numeric updown controls
// info.BlockImage is a "Image" type
//lbBlocks is a owner drawn listbox control so I can preview the block that was made
//imageSource is set to "this.EnvironmentParameters.SourceSurface"

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           InfoItem info = new InfoItem();
           info.BlockImage = new Bitmap((int)this.nudWidth.Value, (int)this.nudHeight.Value, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb);
           Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(info.BlockImage);
           for (int idy = 0; idy < this.imageSource.Height; idy++)
           {
               for (int idx = 0; idx < this.imageSource.Width; idx++)
               {
                   ColorBgra col;
                   col = this.imageSource.GetPoint(idx, idy);
                   g.DrawLine(new Pen(Color.FromArgb(col.A, col.R, col.G, col.), idx, idy, idx, idy);
                  // g.DrawLine(new Pen(Color.FromArgb(Math.Abs(col.A - 255), col.R, col.G, col.), idx, idy, idx, idy);
               }
           }
           g = null;
           info.Name = "First block";
           // this.blocks.Add(info);
           this.lbBlocks.Items.Add(info);
       }

... this is my first time trying to create a paint.net effect so bear with me. I am assuming that "this.EnvironmentParameters.SourceSurface" refers the the image. So my question really is how do I grab pixels or a rectangle of pixels and store them in a regular System.Drawing.Image obj?

Drawing to the source surface is bad, mkay? ...like "crossing the streams" bad. Don't do it.

If you've never written an effect before, you should probably start here: http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/help/overview.html

If you have additional questions after reading that page (and any linked pages that look interesting), just post them.