Auto-fill background color on delet?

EDIT: oma beat me to it. You speedy fox, oma ;).

Select your area and hit the Backspace key on your keyboard, that will fill the currently selected area - be it the full canvas, 30 x 30 pixel circle or whatever takes your fancy - and fills it with your currently selected primary colour.

That's what I would do and is far faster than clicking for the Fill Bucket and filling that way.

Although, with all that said, if the above does not help, could you be a little more specific please? Your description seems a little vague.

sabrown100 > Is the background layer a solid colour?

Huh? It seems to me that the importance of that depends on what the user wants to do... Or am I missing something?

BoltBait > Select the deleted area and press the Backspace key

Brilliant---thanks!

Myrddin > Select your area and hit the Backspace key on your keyboard, that will fill the currently selected area...

You know you're using a great app when more than one person answers your question with the same (valid) answer. :?)

Myrddin > That's... far faster than clicking for the Fill Bucket and filling that way.

You're right. It just is. Certainly, knowing that such a thing might have been possible influenced my decision to ask about it.

Myrddin > Although, with all that said, if the above does not help, could you be a little more specific please? Your description seems a little vague.

Uh-oh, and I'm a technical writer---I'm supposed to be clear and accurate. Maybe I'm not getting enough caffeine... Okay, how's this?:

When you select part or all of the Background layer, then press Delete,

Paint.NET leaves the deleted area empty (no color). Instead, is there a way

to make it fill the deleted area with the current background color?

And thanks for not mentioning that I omitted a character in the topic's title. [blush]

Uh-oh, and I'm a technical writer---I'm supposed to be clear and accurate. Maybe I'm not getting enough caffeine... Okay, how's this?:

When you select part or all of the Background layer, then press Delete,

Paint.NET leaves the deleted area empty (no color). Instead, is there a way

to make it fill the deleted area with the current background color?

For the fact we answered you with the right answer shows you were clear enough, I was just making sure you weren't meaning something else.

Also, don't worry about the clipped 'e', we're not that finicky with topic titles.

Glad we helped.

For the fact we answered you with the right answer shows you were clear enough, I was just making sure you weren't meaning something else.

But one can't be too careful these days. In fact, I decided to put on a condom before I posted this.

Also, don't worry about the clipped 'e', we're not that finicky with topic titles.

Yes, but "delet" could've been misinterpreted. For example, you might've thought I was referring to http://www.delet.polito.it/general_info.

In fact, I decided to put on a condom before I posted this.
Thanks, I'm sure we can all sleep better for knowing that little titbit of information.
Yes, but "delet" could've been misinterpreted. For example, you might've thought I was referring to http://www.delet.polito.it/general_info.
Context dictated it was not so, and was, indeed, a typo of 'delete'.

Anyway, this is starting to become a little offtopic now. I'm very pleased your query has been answered. Enjoy the rest of your day, anderpainter.

Yes, but "delet" could've been misinterpreted. For example, you might've thought I was referring to...
Context dictated it was not so, and was, indeed, a typo of 'delete'.

Thanks for that vote of confidence in my ineptitude. :lol:

Anyway, this is starting to become a little offtopic now. I'm very pleased your query has been answered...

Obviously you don't live in the suburbs, where we desperately wring every last drop of entertainment from anything we can find.

Cheers, A.