Displacement and Alpha mask plugin! (07/06/08:v1.4.1.1)

• 7 months later...

With the Displacement On? checkbox checked, it acts like a displacement filter; without, it acts like an alpha masking filter. That is, to use it like my original plugin, just leave that box unchecked and import a file.

Also, Bleek, I suggest having a catch (System.IO.FileNotFound) in the try...catch of the EffectConfigToken.GetImage() if you do update it again. And have the return fallback be an embedded single white pixel instead of null... it tries to read from file for every single pixel if you don't.

If you're still around. ;)

I just got back to working with PDN. I've been MIA for a long time, sorry. Yeah, I know this is sort of an odd plugin being a mixed Alpha/Displacement mapping plugin. The reason I made it that way is because I hate having to dig through the hundreds of plugins in PDN just to get to the one I want. I wanted to have a universal mapping plugin.

I know that Curtis has made several mapping plugins that have "better" UIs than mine but this one still has a few features that are needed by myself and others. These features include adjustment of neutral value, standard edge behavior, mask alpha clipping, and 0 pixel value exclusion. As a professional artist and not programmer I need these tools.

I have lost my copy of visual studios and can't update this plugin anymore. I have to ask you to become the maintainer of this useful plugin. I will post any updates that you make and give you credit for them.

Thank You.

Bleek, you can download Visual Studio Express 2008 / 2010, it is free.

Awesome, thanks! I'm a little out of touch when it comes to programing.

BTW, I wasn't bashing Curtis' mapping plugins. I was worried that it sounded that way. If his displacement plugin had all the features of this one I would delete my own and use his better UI.

Okay I see how awesome that clipboard thing is. I'll try to make a version of this plugin with that feature by next week. I also plan on removing the alpha mask part of this plugin because it seems to be a source of confusion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a rookie at this and I'm trying to install this Displacement and Alpha mask plug in...  each time I try to install, I get a message saying it could possibly corrupt the computer but I insist on running anyway... down pops a list of apps to use to open the zip file and I check use another app...  I find the paint.net folder in Programs Folder and use the Setup application file to install...  it doesn't like that option...  can anyone give me a clue as to what I need to do?  Thanks in advance...  BTW the project I'm working on is an animated GIF of the American Flag to use as a 'signature' in email.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm right near the end of putting it all together and can't find where I need to adjust the Alpha Mask to '0' in the paint program.. so apparently, I need this mask plug-in...  Thanks again~~  paint.net version 4.0.9

You need to unzip the file first. Paint.net does not do that. Full instructions can be found here: http://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/22/2016 at 11:09 PM, preeber said:

When I open Alpha displacement the menu is all When I open Alpha displacement the menu is all messed up. 

post-146916-0-76711200-1461380839_thumb.

Same with me. It seems to be a common problem with older plugin UIs combined with high-res monitors. I'm a n00b to paint.net so I'm not sure if there's a fix. Haven't found one based on my searches.