Flattening select Layers

"Merging" specific layers still has to be done by doing a workaround at the moment. I read somewhere on this forum that Rick is hoping to implement this into PDN as it is a highly requested feature.

Workaround: Have two PDN windows open with the same canvas size dimensions in each. Using one window for your normal work and the other for merging the selected layers you want. Copy whichever layers you wish and paste them into the second window. Flatten the image, copy it, and paste it back into your first window on a new layer. Since everything can be done by using keyboard shortcuts it really doesn't take that long to do.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

It's not necessarily highly requested, but it's a basic feature that feels restrictive to not have.

The thing is, it's actually not a super obvious, easy problem to solve. If all the layers you want to merge have the same blending mode then it's pretty simple (esp. if they're all "Normal"). But in a 5-layer image, if I want to merge the middle 3 layers, and all 5 layers have different blend modes ... how is that done? Maybe we just don't allow heterogenous flattening, I'm not sure yet. I probably just need to track down a copy of PSP or PSCS2 and see how it's done there.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

But in a 5-layer image, if I want to merge the middle 3 layers, and all 5 layers have different blend modes ... how is that done?

I never even thought of that.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.