Request: Plugin Updater

Since its a big...... pain........ to redownload all the plugins after updating to a new version, could somebody make a program to just update the plugins or someting? Just soo PDN won't complain about the plugin haveing the incorrect version number, and people don't have to redownload their 100+ plugins :(

Dont challange the lazy, he are godlike serius.

icefinalnm1.png

It's been suggested; I thought it was being looked into, but maybe not...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So what you are talking about is a plugin database that automatically installs plugins?

*cough*

Maybe a separat program that checks the version of your PDN, and then see if the plugins matches. If they do not match it will chance the exact needed information soo it would work.

The entire is idea is too avoid redownloading 100+ plugins.

icefinalnm1.png

Maybe a separat program that checks the version of your PDN, and then see if the plugins matches. If they do not match it will chance the exact needed information soo it would work.

Paint.NET already handles plugins that wont work... check the file menu for the entry 'Plugin Load Errors' or something like that...

Paint.NET already handles plugins that wont work... check the file menu for the entry 'Plugin Load Errors' or something like that...

You are soo pointing at a different problem................ Your reffering to "bugged"-plugins, and i'm reffering to "out-dated" plugins.........

icefinalnm1.png

It deals with both. It just won't tell you what needs to be re-downloaded and what's actually been updated.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Then its bugged.......... Seriusly............

No, just incomplete. It would require a massive reconstruction of the plugin system to do what you're suggesting.

Then its bugged.......... Seriusly............

No, just incomplete. It would require a massive reconstruction of the plugin system to do what you're suggesting.

Not to butt in here, But I would think it would be something to look into as to have a place to update plugins I do understand that it would be something to reconstruct the whole plugin system but as P.D.N grows, and it's growing pretty dam fast from what I have seen as you add more plugins to the system it would be better to look into doing something like that now then later..

just my thought on it..

desertcrashsig.gif

Captain need more power. Are more PDN hehe

But I would think it would be something to look into as to have a place to update plugins I do understand that it would be something to reconstruct the whole plugin system but as P.D.N grows, and it's growing pretty dam fast from what I have seen as you add more plugins to the system it would be better to look into doing something like that now then later..

*cough*

KaHuc.png