New File

empireofrain

So i was wondering, is there a way to have a default size for new files? All too often will i want to paste a medium sized picture, but the given space is excessively to big. Which would be fine if it didnt mean my saved pasted picture would have white space next to it. Not to mention if i select the white and delete it (and it becomes checkboarded) and i save it, it still shows up as white space. I just want to be able to save a picture, and JUST a picture. So what i have to do is click New File, and set one of the dimensions (inches usually) to something incredibly small like .5 so i get a tiny white space and i am given the option to Expand Canvass when i paste my picture so that the white is gone. Cant i just have preset dimesions for every new file?

Please help, all suggestions, advice, and thoughts are apperciated.

If you have an image on the clipboard (an image that you have copied from somewhere), creating a new image in Paint.NET will automatically generate a canvas with the size of that image.

Also, if you paste an image into a canvas that is larger than it, before deselecting, hit Ctrl + Shift + X, which will crop the canvas to your selection, in this case, your image.

Regarding your question about the transparency turning back white, it depends on what image format you are saving it in. Some image formats, such as GIFs and PNGs, support transparency, while others, such as JPGs and BMPs, do not.

Hope this helps.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

thanks, this really helps.

just CTRL SHIFT X

pretty simple

by the way, i dont open it with them, i open paint.net, and paste into the already new blank file

=)

by the way, i dont open it with them, i open paint.net, and paste into the already new blank file

=)

Actually, I wasn't talking about opening it with them. Try opening Paint.NET, then copying a picture, and then make a new document. So you should have 2 canvas's. The one you created after copying the image should have the image's dimensions.

Glad to help!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo