About Curve Tool

Hi there!

I am a constant user of MS Paint, and my favorite tool happens to be the curved line.

I'm so used to using MS Paint's curve tool, that I really prefer it over paint.net's.

I was wondering if it was possible to actually change how the tool works for me.

Meaning, I want to know if it's possible to make the paint.net curved line work how the curved line works in MS Paint.

Anyone wanna help me out here? :D

As far as I know the only difference is that you drag the nubs rather than just randomly drag parts of the line.

If this is really an issue I guess a plugin would be possible.

Soo, is there a plugin for such a thing?.. I mean, I'm not really experienced when it comes to the coding of things, or editing programs and such. So I really just need a solution.

Basically, I am asking if you are struggling to understand the curve tool. If so, I suggest looking here: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/LineCurve.html

If you perfectly understand that tool, but are extremely unhappy using it, then I will consider writing a plugin to allow drawing curves in a similar fashion to MS Paint.

Welcome to the forums.

KaHuc.png

Yes

I'm familiar with how the tool works, what it can do, etc.

It's a lot like the one from photoshop if I'm not mistaken.

I know how to and can use it, I just really would be happy if it worked like the MS Paint version.

If you could make a plugin for this, I would be grateful, and would probably start using PDN over MS Paint.

Thank You

You can create the same effect. It'll just take a little adjustment to your workflow.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.