PdN Die (As in Dice ;)) Comments Please! + Random Ball

AndyP

Well, first post :mrgreen:

I saw Ash's die tutorial, couldn't figure out a few steps until the following week, but managed to make a fairly realistic looking die from scratch! I might post a tutorial if I figure out how to lessen the steps, my way was not very efficient! Here it is:

die.jpg

And a random ball that made me think of zelda for some reason 8) I think it is the rhombus around the black opening

ThinkinIncan.png

please leave a comment on how I could improve either of these! Thanks!

FlyingThroughtheDay.gif

I like your idea on the dots on the cube -- they just need to be a bit more anti aliased. That also goes for yor sphere -- remember to check the box Anti-Aliasing" in Shape 3D. It will make the edges look much smoother.

If you didn't save it as a .pdn, you can still apply a radial blur to the sphere (at very low degrees) and it will make the edges nicer.

Good job overall, I hope to see a lot more from you!

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

If you save as a .png, it still has transparency, but has NO quality loss. That way your colors remain just how you saw them in your PDN window. I prefer to save as .png over saving as .gif, unless I'm purposely not going for high quality.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I like the falling dice, and I think I might incorporate it. There is a plugin? Yay! Gonna have to look it up, thanks for comment, I should switch these to thumbnails soon, and I am thinking of undertaking a bigger project in a few days, a more suitable siggy :D

FlyingThroughtheDay.gif

Andy I would have to say you did a great job on it really like the way the dots look. and max love the falling dice I have'nt tryed that one yet but I did do some reading on that one. But me like a lot of the rest. You guys help so much in here that it gives us a lot to learn and understand but that thanks goe's out to all of you that do work on making this program. and helping everybody to understand it

Thank you all again.

desertcrashsig.gif

Captain need more power. Are more PDN hehe