Fonts! They don't like me. :[

Hello.. I'm new, but I've been using PDN for about 2 months now, didn't think of signing up for the forum until now. Don't know why, lol.

Anyways...

I'm having problems with adding fonts. I've already tried following tutorials I found from this forum and I also followed a friend's directions who also uses PDN. I also browsed through some other threads regarding fonts but it didn't seem like any would produce an answer to my problem; so I decided to just make another thread on it. :/ ...Most of the fonts I've been trying to add are TrueTypes because I am aware that PDN only accepts fonts of that kind. Oh, and if this means anything, I get my fonts from dafont.com.

Things I've already tried...

1)

-Download the font

-Unzip/extract into the Fonts* folder

*My Computer->Local Disk (C:)->WINDOWS->Fonts

Then this pops up...

2003g34.png

2)

-Download the font

-Unzip/extract into a folder I created

-Go to the actual Fonts* folder

*My Computer->Local Disk (C:)->WINDOWS->Fonts

-File->Install New Font

-Look for the folder I created, select the font

-Uncheck the box circled below...

2mdi2ww.png

I do that because when I don't this window pops up... (That one folder is blurred because it has my full name on it ^^;)

jkc47c.png

^ That also pops up when I paste/drag a font into the Fonts folder.

This second method only works for MS Paint, Word Pad, etc. But not PDN. :[

I tried opening the font while using PDN and I even tried restarting my computer after extracting the font and it still wont work.

It seems like I've tried all that I can. :<

If anyone can help me, please do. :]

14b861.gif<3

This is a problem with the font, not with Paint.NET. You'll need to contact the font's author.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This one perhaps? http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

First one to pop up on Google, and it looks good.

This will probably help with that second method I described in the original post.

Just in case, does anyone know a free program that will remove the password described in the first method? I've been looking and can't find one that's free. D;

14b861.gif<3

I just download the font and I installed it without any problems. I also tested it in Paint.NET and it works fine.

There to files to install one is Manga Speak and the other is Manga Speak Bold. You can select them both during the install.

PS: You may want to keep that check box checked.

Ok, well I tried downloading a font on my mom's account and it works. ^^ I need to have the font open, though; but that's good enough for me. :D

Thanks for the advice. Haha, seems so strange that I didn't think of downloading fonts under my mom's account because I always do when I download anything else. xD

Also, keeping that box checked caused the other window to pop up.

I posted a screenshot of it too.

14b861.gif<3

Sorry for the bad information. Glad it all worked out!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ya you got some permissions settings done wrong I think and now other accounts are using the file when your trying to. I go through it with ya but its a lot of typing for me and I got a feeling your mom don't want you playing God with the computer.

Reason I said to keep it check is because it would have put the font in the Windows font folder keeping it installed. I never installed a font with it unchecked but I think it will look for the font else were after it is installed. This could be bad.

david.atwell, that's alright. Thanks for contributing with some help, though. :]

HITMAN-X-... lol. idk. xD But that window didn't pop up this time when I downloaded the font on my mom's account, so I guess it's all good.

Hahah. Maybe. I don't see why though; my mom knows I know more about computers than her, so idk why she wouldn't want me "playing God with the computer" xD. That + why would she have given me her password in the first place? xD Oh well. lol

Again, thanks to those who helped. ^^

14b861.gif<3