101 Things You Can Do With Paint.NET

After some thought and a spark of an idea from Sabrown I have come up with an idea to publish a book of 101 of the best Paint.NET Tutorials and Plugins, each with the respective creator's permissions. All earnings of which would be made as a donation to Paint.NET. This thread is not for asking permission to do so, but to ask what other community members think of this idea.

signature.png

!. Help Out Paint.NET. Many of us wish to donate to Paint.NET but do not have the funds to do so. This method comes with benefits and should be reasonably cheap.

2. Get a 'hard' copy of plugins, tutorials, and more. The current method of tutorials and such requires that A) Forumer is up and running and B) You have an internet connection

3. To get that 'more' I am planning on.

4. Maybe I could even get Rick to allow me to build and distribute a version of Paint.NET that is CD Based only...?

signature.png

!. Help Out Paint.NET. Many of us wish to donate to Paint.NET but do not have the funds to do so. This method comes with benefits and should be reasonably cheap.

Paint.NET would get more of the money if they simply donated the amount the book costs.

2. Get a 'hard' copy of plugins, tutorials, and more. The current method of tutorials and such requires that A) Forumer is up and running and B) You have an internet connection

Plugins? You didn't say anything about PM'ing them.

4. Maybe I could even get Rick to allow me to build and distribute a version of Paint.NET that is CD Based only...?

So now Paint.NET would no longer be properly freeware? There would be a premium version and a freeware version.

KaHuc.png

First, as I said in the note it is something donators can actually immediatly get PLUS it creates a donation to Paint.NET

Secondly, Plugins is something I said in the first post about.

Thirdly, there would be no 'premium' version. A copy of Paint.NET would just be distributed with the book. Just a regular version of Paint.NET.

Just think about it: for twenty dollars you can get: Paint.NET, 101 of the best Paint.NET Tutorials, 101 of the best Paint.NET Plugins, and Extra Advice from the Pros all without an internet connection. As well, all revenue made would go straight to Paint.NET itself.

signature.png

First, as I said in the note it is something donators can actually immediatly get PLUS it creates a donation to Paint.NET

Do you mean as an online copy? The tutorials and plugins are already available on the forum.

Secondly, Plugins is something I said in the first post about.

A plugin pack has been tried before and it authors agreed. Why would this be different?

Thirdly, there would be no 'premium' version. A copy of Paint.NET would just be distributed with the book. Just a regular version of Paint.NET.

I apolagise, I assumemed it would be different as-per the words "build" and "cd-only".

Paint.NET, 101 of the best Paint.NET Tutorials, 101 of the best Paint.NET Plugins, and Extra Advice from the Pros all without an internet connection. As well, all revenue made would go straight to Paint.NET itself.

So this is basically a scheme to allow people without an internet connection to use Paint.NET with funds going to support Paint.NET? IMHO that is a good idea - but hardly a Paint.NET book similar to those for blender and photoshop. :wink:

KaHuc.png

That is why I posted this as a new thread. It isnt really a book as like a Photoshop or Blender book, but I think overall it would bring benefit on more than one front.

And I know about the plugin packages, but I think this is overall different.

Previous requests for plugin packages have been like this:

Can I redistro your plugin so I get credit for it?

My idea is like this:

Do you mind if I redistro you plugin in a book towards donations for Paint.NET? You will get an entire page devoted to your plugin, with your name, and you will recieve the gratitude of helping to raise donations for Paint.NET.
signature.png

Most of the plugin packs have tried to emphasise how much credit authors will receive as well. AFAIK the amount of people with computers and lots of time to use them yet no internet connection is very small. In the same way plugin authors have questioned the idea that authors won't look at credits - personally, I doubt they will look at the plugin pages either.

As for donations, if people want to donate they can do so. I don't see how paying for something they can easily get for free with money going towards donations is going to change anything.

Just my twenty pence.

KaHuc.png

Then lock away...

Done.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.