PDN book - STARTED - http://pdnguide.zxq.net/

If a book or PDF file is made, then wouldn't it be easier for everyone to write at least 1 page of the book/PDF file and someone has to compile it all together and check it. That way its not too much work for just one person and it would also be much quicker to write.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thank you. And I found a pdf writer (well, it converts DOC files to PDF) and I've been using it.

And since there seems to be so much controversy, why not forget the publishing of a book and just make it a community PDF tutorial? An easy to read beginners guide in PDF format.

I dunno, just trying to brainstorm.

Here's the start:

PDN forums won't let me attach PDF so I uploaded it to the free mihd.net service.

http://mihd.net/9um18n6

Well besides that this was said before I really think you all need to drop the subject.

If Rick wants a PDN book don't you think he would do one his self as he does have CafePress now and they do let you make books.

PS book is not always made by Adobe, Many are from 3rd party company, or fans.

Gimp books are the same way if I'm not mistaken.

Making something doesn't always = the best at using it.

I believe this is ture for many things in life, not just Art program.

Sports car maker = best drivers?

Best programer = best artist?

Everybody is good for something.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Well besides that this was said before I really think you all need to drop the subject.

If Rick wants a PDN book don't you think he would do one his self as he does have CafePress now and they do let you make books.

PS book is not always made by Adobe, Many are from 3rd party company, or fans.

Gimp books are the same way if I'm not mistaken.

Making something doesn't always = the best at using it.

I believe this is ture for many things in life, not just Art program.

Sports car maker = best drivers?

Best programer = best artist?

Everybody is good for something.

Exactly.. 'Nuff said in my opinion. :mrgreen: Guess that means I'll continue working on my little PDF file... And Ash can.... hmmm... well... Ash can do what Ash does :D - make a better book in half the time. Oh well.. Maybe I'll actually learn something.

*EDIT:

Here is the newest doc and pdf version.

http://mihd.net/wtqr34n - PDF version

http://mihd.net/w406jk1 - Doc version

Also, here is a WIP screenshot:

Wip1ShotPDN.jpg

Alright, before anybody starts, continues, or does anything else I think ALL of us are taking this the wrong way. We all dont need to write side books that will not materialize into anything tremoundous, we need to do a large collaboration project. It may sound difficult, a lot of work, and things of that nature but I believe if enough people commit to something bigger something greater will come out of it.

I have a plan of action drawn out (speaking of which, Simon I need to talk to you) and if enough people agree then we can start working ASAP.

signature.png

:wink:

If anybody is interested in a group project and are interested in doing large contributions towards a community Paint.NET 'manual'/'book'/'guide' please PM me with you name, daily availability, and your commitment level. I will then contact all back with how I think things should be accomplished.

signature.png

Er, isn't there already a Paint.NET WikiBook?

I haven't read any of the earlier pages, so excuse me if I'm way off track.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'm not an expert with pdn, but I have an education in the outlining, writing, editing and publishing of books. If you are serious about the project and would like some help, let me know.

Before you start stringing a book together, you should focus your first-step efforts on developing an outline. Then you should develop a summary (yes, before you begin writing the content). If you are interested in more than a compilation - if you are interested in publishing your work - then you want to outline, summarize and pitch the project to someone before you write it.

This will save you weeks of work.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze