PDN book - STARTED - http://pdnguide.zxq.net/

Not that I don’t think it would bee a good idea. But.

The problem is that it takes time to write, print and published a book. My guess is that there might easily bee a new version of Paint.NET before such a book hits the bookstores. This making the book out of date.

Much worse with plugins.

So; this forum is the book. And that is probably why the rules is enforced the way they are.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I just thought that a book would be an easy to access compilation of the tutorials and basic or even advanced tips on PDN. In my opinion, its easier to find information in an indexed book than searching around a forum. Especially for people who don't necessarily have a lot of spare time. Maybe I could start up a simple basic PDF or something, get input from others, add some tutorials WITH permission of course, etc..

I don't know. I'm just thinking... :mrgreen:

@Sabrown:

It's true. You can find all you need about PDN on the forum. But the argument works the other way also. There are many photoshop websites and forums, yet there are many books on the subject. It's just another easily accessible way to learn about the program.

Then again, PDN is updated so often, I don't think a book would do much but spread the word. More people would know about PDN. However, again, Photoshop is updated (maybe not quite as often :D ), but there are many photoshop books.

Anyways, I was just throwing out the thought and seeing what people think.

I believe such a book should be offered for free through the forums, but for price via publication. Just my two cents, though.

Writing takes time, Publication takes money and time.

So yeah, it will cost money.

But it's just like any book people buy....like PS, Gimp, Blender...etc.

It's up to the author.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

As for my statement, I was referring to the suggestion of a book consisting of a compilation of the tutorials.

I may have been unclear. I didn't think the book should only be a compilation of tutorials; just that maybe some tutorials could be included for sake of examples and easy projects for new people.

Personally, I fail to see the point of a book that simply consists of the best Paint.NET tutorials that users can easily read on the Paint.NET forum.

Then do you see if there is a point of teaching my insight & knowledge of working with PDN in book form?

Hmmm....

If it had extra content not available from this forum, especially if it was from someone as experienced as you, then I would be interested.

KaHuc.png

Personally, I fail to see the point of a book that simply consists of the best Paint.NET tutorials that users can easily read on the Paint.NET forum.

Then do you see if there is a point of teaching my insight & knowledge of working with PDN in book form?

Hmmm....

If it had extra content not available from this forum, especially if it was from someone as experienced as you, then I would be interested.

If I were to write a book, I will put much effort just as I always do on all my art work!

Even the basic funtion in the help file, would have a new spin from me, so the new and vet users can understand better and have a new point of view...

But we'll see ;)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

And, Sabrown, this book would not necessarily be geared towards you. After all, you are not new to PDN, and your artwork is great. I was thinking this book would just spread the word of PDN, plus help new users get familiarized and see that you can make great professional artwork for free :D .

And, Sabrown, this book would not necessarily be geared towards you. After all, you are not new to PDN, and your artwork is great. I was thinking this book would just spread the word of PDN, plus help new users get familiarized and see that you can make great professional artwork for free :D .

I was saying that I would be interested in a book that was written by an advanced PDN artist such as Ash, Expiration or Helio and revealed some of their methods.

KaHuc.png

I was saying that I would be interested in a book that was written by an advanced PDN artist such as Ash, Expiration or Helio and revealed some of their methods.

Woot! Although I couldn't possibly write a book. I have neither the time nor patience to undertake such a daunting task. Plus, my writing skills suck (sometimes).

There aren't really any methods I use anyways. I just keep experimenting.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Hey Folks-

I'm an ole' person. But I have noticed, as technology has exploded,

people have the option to learn in different ways. Some..like audio. Yet, the next person,

needs to read. Me? I love tutorials, videos, CD's...Anything that is a direct stimulus

Hey Folks-

I'm an ole' person. But I have noticed, as technology has exploded,

people have the option to learn in different ways. Some..like audio. Yet, the next person,

needs to read. Me? I love tutorials, videos, CD's...Anything that is a direct stimulus

Exactly my point. I thought that a book would give those people who like going to libraries for their information an opportunity to learn about PDN.

Anyways, what if it started as a simple PDF file that was corrected, edited, etc., by the PDN community and maybe eventually published as a book?