Request. All builtin effects, plugins with center select ...

Ash

What happens if users forget to uncheck Guidelines? AFAIK there is no easy way when using IndirectUI to tell whether this call is a render or simply a preview.

KaHuc.png

What happens if users forget to uncheck Guidelines? AFAIK there is no easy way when using IndirectUI to tell whether this call is a render or simply a preview.

A big circle on the screen should pretty much remind the users to uncheck it.

If like you said it can be a preview, even better.

A funtion like this would make everything more accurate and precise.

If it can be done, awesome!!

If not, I can still work with PDN as I do now.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Also, IMHO the plugin shouldn't use an inverted pixel - it should make the pixel either black or white depending on which one is least similar to the pixel of the image - as this should be easier to see AFAIK.

KaHuc.png

Also, IMHO the plugin shouldn't use an inverted pixel - it should make the pixel either black or white depending on which one is least similar to the pixel of the image - as this should be easier to see AFAIK.

You coders know best, black and white is good enough :)

Personally I cannot be sure as I don't even know how to use IndirectUI - however, the only way I can think of to detect whether this is the final render would only be possible with the traditional UI system AFAIK..

KaHuc.png

The next time you, no, anyone with a postcount above 500 writes a sentence that matches "* all * plugins * should *", I'm simply going to stop writing them.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

its just IMO.

if you don't like my request. you don't need to do anything.

if you read my later post.

i wrote: if yes...awesome.

if no...i still work with pdn as i do now.

edit. people over reacting is what will make me leave pdn. not lack of plugin funtions...

Yeah, maybe it's time for me to take a little break form PDN :roll:

Guidelines don't even make sense for half of the plugins with a center select. Sure, it makes sense for something like MadJik's Gradient Blur, or Pyjo's Power Stretch, but it makes no sense whatsoever for Zoom Blur, Film, or the Curtis' Fern fractal.

Besides, if there's something you believe "every plugin should have" then you should be asking Rick to amend the plugin system, not trying to get every single plugin author to conform to your standards, thus increasing the workload of dozens of people, rather than just one.

xZYt6wl.png

The title does say: Built in effects? Does it not?

I assume Rick would check it out, if I was trying to be forceful (Like your post made me out to be), I would PM Rick and whine about it every day.

But I'm not like that, and you should know.

I see Pyjo's have a good idea, and I got excited and hope this can be in all relevant effect/plugins.

Sorry to be excited and happy for new possibilities with the Art program I like and use the most......

Over and out.

Edit: Any effect with have distant/Radius (ie. bluge....etc)would be easier to work with having this, any effect does not (as you said..zoom blur...etc) would also be easier with a crosshair so see where the center is.

Now over and out.

The title does say: Built in effects? Does it not?

It does, indeed, but it also says plugins which are, by their very definition, not built-in.

I see Pyjo's have a good idea
If that's not a slap-in-the-face to MadJik, I don't know what is...
Sorry to be excited and happy for new possibilities with the Art program I like and use the most......
There's nothing wrong with saying that something is nice and suggesting other programmers follow the example. But there's a big difference between saying "It would be nice if..." and saying "All plugins should..."

xZYt6wl.png

I wanna let plugin makers and Rick to all check it out,

Stop nitpicking every words, if one wants to "adjust" meaning of words, one usually finds a way.

Yeah, All plugin "should"

Just like all users "should" read the rules and use search, But usually they don't.

By saying "should", I'm not giving peole choice to decide, wow.. such cool power...

"Superman, you are nothing!"

If you like to inturpert words..Over and out = This conversation is over and I'm out of here.

PM me if you like to keep bashing this to death with me.