Problem opening Paint.NET

Everytime I try and access Paint.NET I get this error: "Paint.NET has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have tried downloading the requested .NET Framework (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en) and get the same error: "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly." I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the program and get an error.

I also opened the pdncrash.log that was on my desktop, and there's nothing in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Stephanie

Yising, please do not post unless you have something useful to add. Your post was neither correct nor helpful.

Kelly_C_Rocks, you MUST have the .NET framework installed before Paint.NET will run. Try the .NET framework 2.0 and see if it will install correctly.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Apparently, I already have the Framework 2.0 installed. However, I am still having a problem opening Paint.NET.

I tried these two downloads with no success:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

For this download (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en), I got this message after attempting to download: "This product is already installed on this machine. To change or uninstall this product, please use 'Add Remove Programs' applet from Control Panel."

Also, what are your system specs?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I have tried repairing the Frameworks and I also get an error with that. I haven't yet tried uninstalling the .NET Frameworks. What gets me is that Paint.NET was just working for me and later that same day when I tried opening it, I got that error.

David, I have Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2.

He also wants the other system specs.

RAM:

CPU:

Hard Drive:

Video Card:

If you don't know what they are then go into My Computer > Right Click anywere in the white space > Click Properties.

On the tab General there should be a part with computer and under that you will see your CPU and RAM.

Sorry about that. I'm just going to post everything under the "Manufactured and supported by:"

Toshiba

Satellite

Genuine Intel® CPU

T1300 @ 1.66GHz

980 MHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

By the way HITMAN-X-, I did try to uninstall the Frameworks and still get an error.

I looked in the forum and notice I am having the same exact problem as this person: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23944 I used system restore and apparently that messed up all of the Frameworks.

Paint.NET has been installed on my computer. I never have tried to uninstall it (until of course I got the error, which even then it wouldn't uninstall). I restored my computer to an earlier date. When I went to open Paint.NET, an error occured. I believe it had something to do with me restoring my computer. I'm just not sure how to fix that. :?