Scanner not detected.

Hi!

This is my first try of Paint.NET (v3.30)

For some reason it does not find my scanner, HP Photosmart 2610 (network attached).

As far as I can see it's WIA compliant.

Scanner is working in other apps w/o any problems

15505_56f468bcd61af8955c9bd8d87f515044

-

-| That's just Co0L! :)

-

You win an award for actually searching for what you needed! Everything we could ever ask for from our newcomers!

Alright, enough of mimicking David. I am actually interested as to how you are trying to scan images into Paint.NET. Are you trying this through the software that came with your scanner, or in Paint.NET are going to File=>Aquire=>From Scanner?

signature.png

Actually, before I scrolled down to see your comment, I was thinking that exact thing. :-) It's good to see that some people actually read the rules. Makes my day.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You win an award for actually searching for what you needed! Everything we could ever ask for from our newcomers!

Alright, enough of mimicking David. I am actually interested as to how you are trying to scan images into Paint.NET. Are you trying this through the software that came with your scanner, or in Paint.NET are going to File=>Aquire=>From Scanner?

I'm trying to use "File=>Aquire=>From Scanner"

For the second, I'd tried to search with several terms, but didn't find one single trouble shooting guide/FAQ regarding scanner related issues. Just few articles/posts where the question never got an proper answer... Just "read the rules ..."

Sorry for bothering ...

-

-| That's just Co0L! :)

-