who thinks ps3 is better than xbox  

33 members have voted

1. 1. who thinks ps3 is better than xbox

• even
    • slightly better
    • Way better
    • its not better than xbox360
    • i dont have any of em

That has just confirmed the theories I had about Sony..

And of course I still hate them for destroying Lik Sang, which was a really bad move from them (how does it help them to sell less while also building up a bad name?)

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

And IMO, the 360 has a better feeling controller. The Dualshock controller really needs a layout update

I know I'm jumping in late, but I haven't been here. I have one thing to say: No. Now I have five things to say: No no no no no.

The controller layout revision from XBOX to XBOX360 was necessary because the XBOX controller felt terrible. I do quite like the XBOX360 controller, though I curse Microsoft to the depths for requiring a bulky battery pack underneath the wireless version of their controller.

The DualShock is time-tested and venerable design. I don't own a PS3, but I game on one every Thursday night, and picking up the DualShock 3 is like second nature every time, except I get the cordless freedom I have to rely on Logitech or Katana for when I game on PS2. The SIXAXIS was a little too lightweight - it felt feathery and cheap for about the first two minutes of play - but the added weight of the Immersion motors in the DS3 fixed that right up.

Sony fans are probably used to the DualShock design, and non-Sony fans are probably used to having to break in a new controller with every new system, so it's a win-win - we get to keep what we like, they get to futz with something new. The DS3 may not be your cup of tea, but it is mine.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

im not really a fanboy at all i just love quality seeing as how ive had every ps system thats been out and ive had the xbox (6 times) and had the 360 (twice) i think ill stick to the playstation they are way more durable i still have my original ps2 and the slim version i havent had a problem with ethier of them so far and its been yrs and the gameplay on the ps3 seems smoother to me then on the xbox

the network isnt half bad ethier to be free

and free is a plus also

gta4 on the ps3 > gta4 on the 360

the artist formerly known as recon04

th_1210908099158.gif

Dan, I must agree- the DS line is one of the best designed controllers in history. It takes cues from the Super Nintendo controller, and adds more fun stuff. I wish that they'd chosen something more intuitive than ■▲●x for the designations of the right-thumb buttons, but it's something I've gotten used to.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I wish that they'd chosen something more intuitive than ■▲●x for the designations of the right-thumb buttons, but it's something I've gotten used to.

there a lot better than all the letters on xbox and wii. on the wii it says somthing like "press the b button" and im like.....wheres b :| wheres square circle triangle cross are so simple :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

Now, c'mon. You can't possibly tell me it's easier to remember ■▲●x than two letters. A is on the top, B is on the bottom. Come on, that's simple.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think the main thing is the fact that every-freakin'-body else uses the four-letter setup. Promblem is, though everyone uses the same letters (and colors, for the most part), they pair the two differently and put them in different places.

(Starting at the top button, proceeding clockwise [ top - right - bottom - left, like CSS margin, border, and padding declarations ;) ] )

SNES (PAL version, as I understand. NTSC version being gray and purple):

T: X (blue)

R: A (red)

B: B (yellow)

L: Y (green)

Dreamcast:

T: Y (green)

R: B (blue)

B: A (red)

L: X (yellow)

GameCube:

T: Y (gray)

R: X (gray)

B: A (green)

L: B (red)

XBOX:

T: Y (yellow)

R: B (red)

B: A (green)

L: X (blue)

The only two that share a common configuration are the XBOX and SNES, but the colors are still different. Of all the common systems that have used the XYAB setup, not a single one has followed convention, not even Nintendo between their own SNES and 'Cube. Sega shirked the 4-in-a-cross pattern for the Saturn, but followed suit thereafter with the Dreamcast (and then killed off the systems division :( ), Nintendo nixed the X and Y buttons for the N64, instead opting for yellow C directionals, and Microsoft just came along and aped the first thing they saw, changing the colors to call it their own. All I can say is, at least M-Soft kept the same configuration for the 360. Nintendo... I dunno what to think of the Wiimote. Sometimes I think they're trying too hard to be different, but whatever works for them, I guess.

Now, I'm not saying that game companies should directly take what other companies have done, but what's the point of filching the same letters because they're what everyone knows if you're just going to move them around and change their color anyway? On-screen prompts that say to hit the A button could require a move right or down. If you only see the color red, it could be in any one of three directions. Seriously, either everyone get their own dang button icons, or everyone use them the same dang way. I know I'm being petty and nitpicking, because it's not that hard to remember the controls for the game you're playing, but I must honestly say I had to look at the XBOX controller to know which one's which, and I had to refresh my memory on which gray button on the 'Cube was which.

Since 1995 (US, 1994 in Japan), the X button has been down, the Square left, the Triangle up, and the Circle right. Sony has the same number of buttons as everyone else, they just have unique icons and use them consistently. The only detriment I could see is having to type out "Square", "Triangle", and "Circle", but people on the Internet could* use more typing practice anyway. :P

Yet people keep criticizing Sony for not changing their controller. Well, call the DS3 "old-hat" if you will. I call it "second nature".

*edit:

I find it terribly idiotic that a misspelling should crop up in that line. <_<

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

■▲●x than two letters. A is on the top, B is on the bottom..

well to me square circle triangle cross are so easy to remember for me

i know a is the button on top you can see that on the wii :D but i had no idea what the back one is (b from what you said)

and the numchuck!

ive never been that good at english :D wel i have but i dont like it but im really good at maths :D perhaps thats why i remember symbols more :D

section8.png

• 4 weeks later...

ps3 controllers are better because the buttons are right in front of you and easy to remember where they are, however the wii has buttons all over the controller. the ps3 controller is better in comfort as well, they are light and dont give you RSI.the wii controller is a cuboid not very comfortable really ive tried it its really hard playing for a few hours and still having to grab the controller so it doesnt fall. (and i need to crack my finger every few hour, very painfull.) :wink:

attachment.php?attachmentid=29014&stc=1&d=1209496596

• 2 weeks later...

I say it's not better. It is just a console that is just way too high-class and has and is getting features that copies off both the Xbox and Wii. The PS3 is really good though, but I HATE Sony with a passion. The PS3's online also suck compared to the 360. The games are good, but I can only name a couple games that hardcore gamers would want to play on it.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The PS3's online also suck compared to the 360.

oh wow lets go pay for our online :wink: but i cant get online because my router sucks...really badly it doesnt even let me download stuff on my computer still the ps3 is just awesome :D the x box has some good games though like halo oh wait thats the onl xbox game id want :| lol

they should just make one super console thats made by nintendo sony and microsoft and cal it the x-station wii :D

section8.png

• 3 years later...

im dont live in japan or any where near japan so i have all the ones realeased in my country

actually the ps3 controllers last longer from what ive seen/heard...the ps3 one lasts a hell of a long time i havent charged mine for a while.... :D lol

<spam>

I guess it depends on what models you are trying to swap. If you have a non-backward compatible PS3, you need to find a motherboard from another non-backward compatible PS3 (backward compatible motherboards simply won't work). Also, the Blu-Ray drive & laser assembly is tied to that specific motherboard, so you'll have to find a motherboard that works with your specific laser assembly model.