Plugin request - Motion Blur+

I have a request to all you plugin developers out there - can someone produce a Motion Blur+ type of plugin; the specifications are described below.

Recently I've been playing around with creating 3D text using a technique provided in Jake2K's tutorial that involves using Motion Blur. However, I've found that this can produce some unrealistic results when you rotate text (or indeed an object) at an oblique angle, as the 3D parts all end up being the same size (those closest are the same length as furthest) - ie. not really in perspective (example 1).

Example 1.

BlurLength.png

I've also tried using zoom blur to create a perspective effect, but given that zoom blur works from the centre of an image (or the chosen focal point in Zoom Blur+) you get the effect of the 3D base of the text being larger than the text itself (example 2).

Example 2.

ZoomBlur.png

Now, ideally I am looking for someone to develop a plugin, something similar to the Zoom Blur+, where you can adjust the focal point of the blur - but instead of the object being blurred FROM that point, it is blurred TOWARDS that point. Essentially, a Motion Blur+ plugin, where the image, instead of being blurred in a single uniform direction (example 3), the user can select a focal point and everything is blurred towards that point (example 4).

Example 3.

CurrentMotionBlur.png

Example 4.

MotionBlur.png

If you take Example 2, and think of placing the focus of the blur below the text and having the 3D part blur inwards, towards that point, then you could create 3D text with more of a feel of looking down from above. If you set the blur length long enough it would appear to blur into infinity

This could almost be called Perspective Blur, and would have other applications beyond simple 3D text - I'm thinking of blurring backgrounds of photos to a perspective point, blurring clouds that disappear off into the horizon, etc...

I'm sure (given the complexity of some plugins that have been developed) that this would be 'reasonably' straightforward to make, combining elements of the current Motion Blur code, perhaps with elements of Zoom Blur (but kinda in reverse).

I'm hoping there's someone out there up to the challenge.

-CJ

Edited by cjmcguinness

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

I thought of that idea, also. That could be really helpful!

But, I'm not, in any way, a code person... So don't count on me to figure that out :oops: :D :oops:

But, couldn't that be achieved by mixing the source for Bulge and Zoom-Blur?

Bulge 'budges' inwards too... And Zoom Blur would, well, blur it... :)

Just a thought... :D

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Aren't you describing Zoom blur?

Sort of, but in the opposite direction - blurring inward toward a point, rather than outward from a point.

It's more like zoom blur+

Zoom blur that the slider can go to - value.

The reason I pitched this as Motion Blur+ was that I like the current level of distance control you get with Motion blur, but rather than blurring in uniform straight lines an improved version would allow the user to blur toward a single focal point. I suppose this could be added as an improvement to the current Zoom Blur Deluxe, with the ability to select negative values.

I thought of that idea, also. That could be really helpful!

Couldn't that be achieved by mixing the source for Bulge and Zoom-Blur?

Bulge 'bulges' inwards too... And Zoom Blur would, well, blur it... :)

I would see this as more a combination of Bulge (with the ability to use negative values) and Motion Blur; but yes, you've kinda got the right idea.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png