La Galleria de LFC - Wooden PDN Type - 28/05/09

LFC4EVER

I LOVE ur iPod! and ur phones is amazing!

Updated: I have to say that i love your iPod again :O

Thanks!

The Letter's perspective is off or is it the floor?

Now that i look at it, the letter does look out of perspective. Maybe outline object isn't the best approach to make a 3D letter after all. The floor is in perspective, used Ctrl + Shift + Z for that. :P

Yay, Ash posted in my gallery hehe

Next time angle the object before you start working on it cause if you view a 3d object straight on it won't look 3d at all lol, but your color, highlights, and glares look good.

Thanks, and i'll take your tips on board - especially the one on creating the floor first, then the 3D object. Thanks on the comment though, and the highlights were really easy. I didn't use the line tool at all to make them.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i've put aside realistic 3D letters for a bit, because i've decided to work on a spacescape.

This is the starfield i've come up with so far, but i'm not sure what kind of planet activity i should go for. I'm going for a mysterious, empty and minimal theme. Any suggestions?

preview-1.png

The real size is 1920x1200, but this is re-sized for the forum. I didn't use clouds in the starfield at all. :D

Merry Christmas

I rather like that starfield :)

As for your planetary activity dilemma, why don't you go for a planetary sunrise (Like a bright star emerging from a planet's horizon)? You've got a little bit of light, and a little bit of dark...

I'm working on a variation of a sunrise (and I sorta have one on my dA), but it'd be nice to see different versions of the theme ;)

That's my opinion though. Perhaps an idea will strike you at random, like me :lol:

How in the world did you do that Gold Text? That is so realistic...(drooling)

I really enjoyed your artwork, all of it is amazing! I am bookmarking this gallery :D

Also, how long did it take for you to reproduce the phone and iPod completely on PDN. That is amazing...(drooling again)...

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

How in the world did you do that Gold Text? That is so realistic...(drooling)

I really enjoyed your artwork, all of it is amazing! I am bookmarking this gallery :D

Also, how long did it take for you to reproduce the phone and iPod completely on PDN. That is amazing...(drooling again)...

Glad you like the gold text. Made a tut for it. viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27322

Its a better version than before IMO, hope you can follow it well. :)

The phone took a couple of days, doing random stuff in between, going out etc. I'd say a day if you work at it all day.

The iPod, about an hour, headphones took 2.

I love your new sig! :D

Thanks!

Great starfield. I`d love to know how you made that.

Why not, instead of the usual planets, go for a dead star that gives out minimal amounts of light with maybe a burnt out planet/moon in orbit. This would show off your starfield a bit more.

Thanks! If others request a tut, i'll make one when i have time.

Well, i've decided to do a planet exploding for the starfield. I've yet to begin working on it though. Load of h/w to complete over 1-week holiday. :(

EDIT: Yay! 4k views! :D:P

Merry Christmas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nice pictures you have there.. Keep the coming..

Thanks!

Wow this one is really great :shock: Keep them coming!!!

Thanks! and will do!

I really like that one! It puts me in the perfect winter mood :)

Did you make those snow dots by using a median blur?

Thanks!, and yep Median it is. :wink:

This one is self-explanatory (100% PDN - even the texture):

PlanetaryExperiment2.png

Prepare for the final spacescape piece to be released in 2009! Watch this space!

Merry Christmas

good job on planetary 2. if i might add a suggestion. maybe tone down the top lighting effect on the smaller two since they are farther away from the top light source then the bottom source. i think this would really give it some depth, ive been know to be wrong b4. by the way i love ur rainbow sig and the tut. first two images i made using pdn i used it :) keep up the good work !

good job on planetary 2. if i might add a suggestion. maybe tone down the top lighting effect on the smaller two since they are farther away from the top light source then the bottom source. i think this would really give it some depth, ive been know to be wrong b4. by the way i love ur rainbow sig and the tut. first two images i made using pdn i used it :) keep up the good work !

Thanks for the comment, and yeah, i realise your point on the lighting. I'll take it into account for my final piece. Glad you like my rainbow tut too.

Another excellent image LFC4Ever. I love the colouring of the planets. nice one

Thanks!

Are they all the same planet? :P

Still, amazing work.

Yeah, this was more of a lighting test than a texture one. My final piece will involve different textured planets though.

Pretty McSexy planets. :P

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas