La Galleria de LFC - Wooden PDN Type - 28/05/09

LFC4EVER

Thanks Max, Overkill and Speed Demon! Your compliments are always appreciated :D

Well, recently i've noticed that a few people have been asking on how to make those photoshop style sigs. So, naturally i decided to give it a go myself. After an inspiring look at sigs by Robin-2k7 i have come up with this combo:

torres_avatar.pngtorres_sig.png

I'm quite pleased with it. :D

It was all done in PDN except for the stocks, which are:

Torres

Liverpool logo

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Hah - the first time I looked at it I didn't even notice the logo or render - lol - now that I see them the sig and avvy look completely different. Very, very good job on the new combo! Excellent color scheme, and I like the random light/smoke and text effects.

Great job overall!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

... now that I see them the sig and avvy look completely different. Very, very good job on the new combo! Excellent color scheme, and I like the random light/smoke and text effects.

Great job overall!

Thanks Nab! Much appreciated :D

What i've highlighted bold & italic, is not true :). The avatar is just a cut-out from the sig. :P

@Max: Well, in the stock i gave, Torres did have kinda long hair (took ages to cut-out, wish i had PS and Fluid Mask :( )

@Saabo: Thanks! The black hole/galaxy type thing started of as Clouds + Twist & Ctrl + Shift + Z, plus a transparency gradient to get it to fade out.

-----

Well, after a few comments on the sig on TagFlow and a few opinions here, i decided to patch up the sig. I reduced the lighting on Torres, so he can be seen more clearly now. Also did a few colouring changes.

torres_avatar2.pngtorres_sig2.png

I think its better now, but you guys are the judges :P

Merry Christmas

I think Nab means that they look different from before when he couldn't make out the person and logo, not that the two look different from each other.

I really like it, except you covered up the person a way too much, imho.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Thanks expired, but this was my first attempt at this type of sig, so i suppose with practice i'll get better and better. I might do another one tomorrow, taking on board your advice and see how it turns out. Or, i may even redo this whole sig, focusing on making Torres stand out more. I'll go back to the .pdn and see what i can do tonight, and see how it turns out. Thanks again expired. :D

Merry Christmas

I think Nab means that they look different from before when he couldn't make out the person and logo, not that the two look different from each other.

I really like it, except you covered up the person a way too much, imho.

I swear he's in my head some times :shock: :P

That's exactly what I meant, and I agree with his comment as well.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Well, this is my second attempt at making a sporty photoshop style sig. I think its better than the first, considering i used no brushes. Its 100% PDN except for the stocks i used, which are listed at the bottom.

nadalavatar.pngnadalsig.png

I used these stocks:

• [*:1kwoc4kk]
Clay Tennis court
[*:1kwoc4kk]Grass Tennis court
[*:1kwoc4kk]Nadal

Merry Christmas

Thanks man! :D Yeah, it is just Light Rays + Twist, but i made it look kind of glassy..

-------------

Well, this time i re-thought the whole concept of making a photoshop style sig. After viewing a few tuts on a site that pipp92 linked me to on TagFlow, i went back and re-did my nadal sig.

nadalavatarv20.pngnadalsigv20.png

Stocks & Brushes:

Nadal

Tennis Court

Lighting

Flowing Line Brushes

Many thanks go to expired, as he gave me a tip on using the "Screen" blend mode. :wink:

Merry Christmas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Skitzo, thanks for the comment on my Murray sig. Now for some tips on yours:

• [*:1laaqyr5]You've added an interesting background which is good, but it kind of drags attention away from Murray. Try making those white rain-like things less visible.
    [*:1laaqyr5]You need to make the render more clear. Try not to use too many effects on top of the render.
    [*:1laaqyr5]Use some light textures on the sig to make it seem more "vibrant". Just search for light textures on dA and you'll find many.
    [*:1laaqyr5]Add some interesting text, and a more clear and "undeformed" light source is needed.
    [*:1laaqyr5]Visit
UniqueGfx or Player-art for tutorials on how to make these kind of sigs.

Hope i could help, and good luck! :)

Merry Christmas

Everything in this OS was done in PDN by me, except the folder icons (came without the stuff added on them - see stock link for clarification).

Well, this is it:

presentation.png

Stock:

Folder's

The shown image is also a link to an approximate life-size image of the OS in a Sony Ericsson C902 (made in PDN by me).

Merry Christmas

Well Skitzo, thanks for the comment on my Murray sig. Now for some tips on yours:

• [*:1ved1ibp]You've added an interesting background which is good, but it kind of drags attention away from Murray. Try making those white rain-like things less visible.
    [*:1ved1ibp]You need to make the render more clear. Try not to use too many effects on top of the render.
    [*:1ved1ibp]Use some light textures on the sig to make it seem more "vibrant". Just search for light textures on dA and you'll find many.
    [*:1ved1ibp]Add some interesting text, and a more clear and "undeformed" light source is needed.
    [*:1ved1ibp]Visit
UniqueGfx or Player-art for tutorials on how to make these kind of sigs.

Hope i could help, and good luck! :)

Ahh! Yes, it does make sense. It was taking attention to the background.

Alright. I'll use these tips.ok. Thank You once again!

*gapes* i disappear from the "gallery" side of PDN forums, and.... it's incredible! the phone/ipods are amazing! keep it up! *aims to be as awesome as LFC4EVER*

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

• 3 weeks later...