La Galleria de LFC - Wooden PDN Type - 28/05/09

LFC4EVER

That is an awesome effect. Which plug-ins (or other skills) did you use to create this effect?

Thanks!! Its quite simple really, all i used was Drop Shadow and Multi-Colour Gradient (can also be done by normal gradient tool, just takes longer. A lot longer).

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the vista icons a lot and some of the sigs and of course the photo-manipulation for Design the Board (of course cause I voted for that :wink:) and your super realistic wood texture I.Y.O. which I.M.O. looks more like papier-machè, cool nevertheless!

Ciao and keep up with the good work!

• 1 month later...
Why didn't I posted in here before >_>

That probably because i never updated my gallery for ages.. :lol:

Nice Job.

*that's some kind of compliment* :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new iPod nano - with added headphones :D :

iPodnanofull.png

Also 100% PDN.

Reference image

Merry Christmas

I gotta say this is a really impressive gallery you have here, your art work is amazing. Specially:

th_mypixelart.png

iPodnanofull.png

Here Is My Version Of iPod:

iPod.png

Yours looks really amazing, I would like to request 2 tutorials of you! You dont have to do them, but it would be lovely if you can make them :D

The Pixel Cube Tutorial, and the headphone tutorial :D I would love to add those awsome headphones to my iPod!

Again, your gallery is really awsome. :)

Nice job on you're sigs dude.. need advice I am here!

Thanks, any advice needed, i'll just ask. :D

Great signatures... You support the right team ;)

I support lfc.

Thanks, and great to know theres another LFC fan!!

LFC KICK BUTT!!! WOO LFC! nice gallery, im really but a noob at this... :( but ill get better, hopefully soon to your standards!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Oma shakes her head in wonder. How on earth did you do those earphones. did you use 3d shape? I demand you tell us all the settings you used for the different components :!: :lol:

stunning work

Thanks, but i didn't use Shape3D. I suck at using Shape3D :( . Here's how i did do it though. Read on...

Tuts requested by X-Boy.

How I made some realistic iPod headphones:

NOTE: I did use a reference image for the headphones to see the shading etc.

This mini-tut should give you an idea of how i made the headphones in this image:

th_iPodnanofull.png

1) Add a new layer and draw the outline of the headphone and name the layer outline. Once that is done you then need to decide how many inside sections you need to also draw and duplicate the outline layer by how many sections there are. In this headphone, there are 3 sections, (left grey bit, white middle bit and right grey bit), so i duplicated the outline layer 3 times. Then draw each section as best as you can, and erase any excess lines. I used the line tool for this, and it also helps to use the line tool in Bezier mode (right click the nubs) to get smooth curves. Hopefully the image below will clarify any confusion that may have occured in the explanation. 8)

These were the sketches i made:

sketches.png

2) Once you have sketched each outline, you now need to shade it all in to look as realistic as possible.

There are 2 ways i did this in the headphone: Gradients and Paintbrush.

Paintbrush

This method was used a lot for shading in the headphones, as it is quite simple. All you need to do is pick the right shade of colour, and paintbrush in the correct area (this is where the reference image is useful :D ).

IMPORTANT: Make sure that each brush stroke in a different colour is on a different layer.

Once each brush stroke has been make, you then need to Gaussian blur it. The values will be different on most occasions, so i can't tell you which values to use. Once you have shaded the headphone to how you would like the headphone to look like, then just merge all the blurred layers together, and then merge that layer with the gradient backing layer explained in the next paragraph.

Gradients

I used this method to add as a backing for each section in the correct colours. The reason for this is that during the Paintbrush method, Gaussian blurring the brush strokes leaves transparency, and the correct gradient takes care of it. Gradients were also used in the right grey bit to shade it, mainly because it was easier to get the correct angle. I also used the gradient method to create the little black hole things on the side of the headphone, by selecting elliptical selections, then applying a radial gradient.

Most of that probably did not make sense, but i'm not too good at explaining, so i hope it did make sense. With a bit of practice, you'll be able to draw anything in PDN! If you have any questions, please don't refrain from asking. :D

And now for the pixel art cube:

All i did for the cube was follow a tut and adapted it to make it look more interesting. [link to tut]

Merry Christmas

Thanks exactly how I'd have done that as well. Very much the same method I use when I draw faces and most of my fish. I also suck at 3d plugin and am always on the lookout for odd shapes done with it.. . Your line drawing is very impressive, and you have managed to capture the exact shading required.

Once again lovely work all around in your gallery.

I have completed the Outer part of the phone, and have also completed the top-half of the inner part. I have not used the Paintbrush to shade any part of the phone so far, it is mostly just gradients. Here is what it looks like now:

C902WIP-Tophalfdone.png

I did use a stock for the Sony Ericsson Logo and the text, but everything else was done in PDN.

All that needs doing is the Key-pad, adding glossy looks, and some minor finishing touches. :D

:shock: Making the iPod and making this is teaching me a lot about shading, lighting and gradients.

Merry Christmas

:shock: I never bothered to post before, but after your earphones/Sony Ericsson, I had to.

you now need to shade it all in to look as realistic as possible.

That's easier said than done. Realistic shading is quite hard. You did a VERY good job.

Your phone is quite amazing as well. Very realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Crimson! Your kind words are much appreciated! :P

@matt469: Thanks for the comment, but i don't think that the poker table is too good now. I thought it was amazing when i made it, but i've learned lots more from then, and it seems ok to me. As for the tut, i don't think it is tut worthy, its just a combination of different tuts and basic stuff (i think - did it a long time ago). I'll link you to a tut that inspired me to make it and its also how i made the cards and poker chips.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21698

-----

Well, recently i've been making brush sig/tags, which can be found in the Signatures, etc Umbrella of the Pictorium. Today, i didn't really know what to do, so i decided to take my Sony Ericsson C902, one step further.

[jeremy.clarkson.voice]I came up with this:[/jeremy.clarkson.voice]

phonecompwithclouds.png

Larger version is on my dA, just click on the image to go there.

Merry Christmas