Removing White Background

Morning,

Everytime I do a screen dump or take a logo and work with it there is always a white background to it,

so anytime I want to merge a logo on another logo or template my logo always has a white background to it.

How do I stop that? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you just go into paint and type any word, then click "crop to selection" and save file in .gif format, when

I go to place that logo on top of another logo there is a white square background around it that I don't want.

Any ideas of how to remove this?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.windows-xp-update.com

If the image is supposed to have transparency, it needs to be saved as an image type which supports transparency, such as .png, .tga or .gif

If you need to do a cut-out of the image from a white (or any other color background) then you'll have to do that manually. You can use this tutorial here:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4841&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Help - If you just go into paint and type any word, then click "crop to selection" and save file in .gif format, when

I go to place that logo on top of another logo there is a white square background around it that I don't want.

Any ideas of how to remove this?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.windows-xp-update.com

Help - If you just go into paint and type any word, then click "crop to selection" and save file in .gif format, when

If you start up Paint.NET and type a word on the background, it's on a white background to begin with.

Do this:

Start up Paint.NET, then press Ctrl-A to select the whole background, then press the Delete key. Then type a word and crop your image. Save it as a .gif, .png or .tga and you're done.

Also, make sure your secondary colour is set to transparent (click the More button on the colour window), that should stop paint.net adding any colours around images you import :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D