Red-eye removal tool

Ron49

Hello group,

Maybe I'm just kind of slow when it comes to computers, but I can't seem to make the red-eye removal tool work in Paint.net v. 3.30. I select the eyes, then go to the tool in the drop-down menu, click OK and nothing happens. I know this has to be something incredibly simple that I'm just missing. Can someone help me out? I'm using Vista home premium.

Thanx,

Ron

I did drag the sliders; no effect. Have not tried it on another picture. Thanx for that suggestion. Don't know why it's not working on the pic i'm writing about, though.

Am I doing this right? I use the rectangular selection tool to outline the eyes, go to the effects menu, then red-eye removal, then click OK. Shouldn't this remove the red eye? Or am I missing something?

Ron

My Suggestion: Try without selection on a random image on the highest settings possible and see if it has any effect.

KaHuc.png

Are the eyes on another layer than the one you're selecting?

You're right; select the eyes, then run red eye removal. But you must select the same layer as the eyes are on.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

As I said, I'm far from an expert on this stuff. But it's just a pic that I took. To my knowledge, I didn't add any layers. That's kind of out of my league right now.

R

• 3 months later...

Did you try just using the paintbrush tool :PaintBrushTool: ?

Because of the nature of what causes red eye, it will almost always be a circle, which means that you can use a combination of the paintbrush with different color/transparency settings to give you a decent effect.

signature_SW.png

Do not click the picture above. It will take you to my site, and I don't need the anxiety.