Feature Request: Expanded Font Support

Yes, while PDN supports TT type fonts (true-type fonts), several other types are left out, and if you want to use a font for some artwork which isn't TT, then you'll have to convert your .PDN to a .PSD so it can then be put on the artwork on either the GIMP, PS, or any other graphic editor.

What I'm wondering is if you'll be able to expand this support to all font file types, or is it not possible?

I think it has something to do with GTK, actually. But I could be wrong...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hmm...you may be right. I was thinking it used GDI+ for rendering.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I was thinking it used GDI+ for rendering.
If memory serves, I think you're right in your thinking. I'm sure I remember Rick explaining it to be a limitation of the GDI+, the .NET Framework, or something along those lines. I am unable to find any relevant material apart from the odd speculation of .NET F'work restrictions by members, though, as Rick never contended such assumptions, we could take them as correct...

Aha. See, when I said "GTK" earlier, what I meant was "GDI+." Oops!

:-) Thanks for the sanity check, Myrddin.