Z:-new pictures, latest added 5/22/2010, on page 8

ZizOiz

Line art. I would duplicate that line layer, and with the bottom one blur about 2 or 3 px. Then erase on the side that's in the light - so it gives it some depth. I can throw up some pics if you want to see what I mean.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I liked it before the change. I like Nab's idea and intend to try it out on some stuff but your image seemed to lose something to me and didn't fix the whole problem. The lighting or color seems different, maybe it made it a little darker. I would think that you put countless hours in on a piece like this and what are a few more hours. If you really want to get rid of the line drawing look, which for itself is a nice look, I would use the smudge tool. It would take painstaking hours of work but the piece is worth it. And that is the most I have ever had to say about anything. I just like it so much. It is a great piece as it is but it could be all that. It is like a glimmer of hope in a dark cold world.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Hmm... janettsue, I think you're right. Smudging would be better than my blurring method.

Zizoiz, where did you post the newer version? I can't find it :oops:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Smudging just may crash my dell dimension 4400, though. So I'll try it, then! :twisted:

I actually just deleted the older version and gave the newer version the same URL.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

haHA! I solved the problem of having my computer deal with a large canvas by cutting out the part I wanted to smudge.

Without further ado, here it is.

I also did not delete the previous version, so comparisons can be made.

Monkeys! not another double post! :o

I liked it before the change. I like Nab's idea and intend to try it out on some stuff but your image seemed to lose something to me and didn't fix the whole problem. The lighting or color seems different, maybe it made it a little darker. I would think that you put countless hours in on a piece like this and what are a few more hours. If you really want to get rid of the line drawing look, which for itself is a nice look, I would use the smudge tool. It would take painstaking hours of work but the piece is worth it. And that is the most I have ever had to say about anything. I just like it so much. It is a great piece as it is but it could be all that. It is like a glimmer of hope in a dark cold world.

Thank you very much! :mrgreen:

It is like a glimmer of hope in a dark, cold world.

... profound, but so true.

I liked the 1st version better, but either one is a testament to your pdn skills.

Nice work :D

Thank you! :mrgreen:

here be my submission to the holiday card contest. I be quite proud of it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

...triple post :shock: :P

anyhoo, I'm quite proud I actually managed to draw a somewhat proportionate human being without it looking the the person was dead.

bkg1.png

So I made it my background. Click for bigger. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Belated thanks, HELEN, survulus, Cola, Gamer_World14, and Jokes On You.

During my absence, I have created a few new things, most notably these two pieces:

cosmicthumb.png

Sketched with pencil. Scanned in, inked and colored with PDN. The stars in the cape are from a Hubble deep space photograph.

jestercolorthumb.png

Sketched with pencil, scanned in with lineart done in Adobe Illustrator CS. The color is PDN.

If I finish the current object of my attention tonight, I will edit the post to show it, as well.

I finally finished this, after more than 30 hours of work, and I suspect, more than 35 hours.

It's certainly on the the largest pieces I've ever done, if not the largest (photobucket decreased the size back down to 1 MB, methinks) and it's taken one of the longest times to do a picture I've ever taken.

However, I would like to make this picture be the best it can be, so I'd appreciate anyone who'd enjoy nitpicking at the smallest details, like the angle of the shadows cast by the houses, the shading on the domes at the top of the village, point out if the water streams look funny at all, etc.

Here it is:

microcosmfinaldraftview.jpg

Click for view at maximum size.

drawn in pdn??? still, EPIC. i like your work ;)

Thanks!

I drew it in pencil, and inked the majority of it with a variety of felt tip pens that were a recent purchase. Then I scanned it in and colored it only in PDN.

Wow - I like ALL of your work! Very nice stuff. And as Axle said, new piece is EPIC!

Thank you!

Interesting new piece, I will try to make something of the sort in PdN when I get my Wacom Bamboo Pen + Touch in a week or so for my birthday. I must say that you have drawn some beautiful things with sensational color schemes.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...