Z:-new pictures, latest added 5/22/2010, on page 8

ZizOiz

A shiny new piece, just as promised! This one I'm entering in the Large Art of the Week competition.

LAOTW1thumb.png

'tis a dark and evil forest, with faeries who love to lead travelers astray...

Originally it was actually going to be happy and warm, but it sort of...mutated. :? I'm happy with it anyway. :D

My only complaints with how it turned out are that the lights coming from within the tree don't really define a 'tree' shape all that well, more an amorphous blob, and I think the top of the mushroom turned out too light.

And now, back to the warm picture of the sunset tree! :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Ooh man, I had to tilt my screen a notch, but that looks great!! That mushrom has really good detail - leaving it in birhgt lighting only hswos off your artistic abilities

:P

Awesome job on this one - kinda reminds me of the Hobbit.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Ooh man, I had to tilt my screen a notch, but that looks great!! That mushrom has really good detail - leaving it in birhgt lighting only hswos off your artistic abilities

:P

Awesome job on this one - kinda reminds me of the Hobbit.

I like this and yes it does remind me of the Hobbit

great job !!!! :D

I like this and yes it does remind me of the Hobbit

great job !!!! :D

Thanks! :D

It kept reminding me of the hobbit too when I was painting it- mostly the part with the dark forest. :P

A shiny new piece, just as promised! This one I'm entering in the Large Art of the Week competition.

LAOTW1thumb.png

Originally it was actually going to be happy and warm, but it sort of...mutated. :? I'm happy with it anyway. :D

My only complaints with how it turned out are that the lights coming from within the tree don't really define a 'tree' shape all that well, more an amorphous blob, and I think the top of the mushroom turned out too light.

I like it like that, it has to be dark! I disagree with you though about the amorphous blob, even if that does not remind a tree, my first impression when seeing it first time was that of

layered caves digged in the mountains where ancient populations lived (f.i. indians, etruscans)

and as far as fairies ,the little people and elfs are also called, if I am not wrong, the ancient people that's the perfect location for them! And I like the lightining of the mushroom too, and I love the little luminiscent fairy (and I am more and more jealous of your drawing skills :D )

Just if you think is too dark and want to add some color I would suggest to add some light in the centre of the image like the lights you see afer thunder (you know ..purple and violet, something like that...) but I think is perfect like it is, Bravo!

Ciao ciao

Thanks for you comment on my gallery :)

i really like your art, especially the intro of your gallery is nice ;)

Love the tree and the cliffs, great drawer!

Thank you! :)

The grass detail in your 'tree' picture is amazing (It's all good but that detail just makes it even better)

LAOTW1thumb.png

I like it like that, it has to be dark! I disagree with you though about the amorphous blob, even if that does not remind a tree, my first impression when seeing it first time was that of

layered caves digged in the mountains where ancient populations lived (f.i. indians, etruscans)

and as far as fairies ,the little people and elfs are also called, if I am not wrong, the ancient people that's the perfect location for them! And I like the lightning of the mushroom too, and I love the little luminescent fairy (and I am more and more jealous of your drawing skills :D )

Just if you think is too dark and want to add some color I would suggest to add some light in the center of the image like the lights you see after thunder (you know ..purple and violet, something like that...) but I think is perfect like it is, Bravo!

Ciao ciao

Thank You!! :D

a bonus: an extra large version of the piece I entered in the competition-I realized photobucket had re sized it too late to change my submission.

And also: the grass on the far side of the river is (finally) done. The hard part was getting the styles to match; my style of drawing varies slightly from day to day. :? Nevertheless, I am not sure why it took me as long as it did*, because as soon as I actually focused on it I was able to get more than half of it done in less than two hours.

* Not really. I actually have a fairly good idea of why it took me so long to complete. It involves various animated superhero shows. And internet television. <.< >.>

sunsettreeprocess4.png

Next up: the sky! :D

th_sunsettreeprocess4.png

This image looks amazing! :shock:

The style you use has really inspired me to try it out myself. Haven't been able to produce anything nearly as good as yours though. can't wait to see the finished result :D

dragonseyesig.png

I love it all man! Your work is great motivation for me to just keep getting better. :wink:

69591km7.png

4D DIMENSIONS, I AM FOR MENTAL EXTENSIONS

• 1 month later...

Nice pictures! I really like the one that you are working on the sky. That one is just amazing. One thing that the mushroom tree picture reminds me of the movie Fern Gully...lol I remember watching that as a kid all the time. If you haven't seen that movie, here is a picture of it.

movie3-1.png

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

• 3 months later...

thanks! :D

Gamer_world:I loved that movie as a kid! :lol:

wellll.....

This was for an English assignment, but I'm quite proud of the posture I managed to convey. I've never quite been happy with a posture in one of my drawings before. So here we go.

ItSeemsToMepoemillustration.png

100% PDN :)

a side note: the assignment was to annotate and illustrate a poem. Here is mine,if you are interested/want to know what the poem is illustrating.

also,

here is my new signature avatar duo:

reactoravvie.pngreactorsig.png

I'm working on two pieces, one is the tree, the other is a submission to my school's arts magazine. The submission is top priority right now, since I only have until Friday to submit it. :P

thanks! :mrgreen: 'tis good to be back!

I've got finals now, but soon I shall have a new piece all done. :) (it will not, however, be in the obsessed-with-detail style of a 1px brush painting.)

NEW: HaHa! shiny new piece!

worldtree.png

EDIT: I was looking for a comic book-y feel to it. I have just two problems with it: the overall rather plain area in the form shadow of the tree, and the rather flat texture of the ripples. I think I shall fix that now...

EDIT: fixed!

I love the new piece Zizoiz. I had been playing the new Prince of Persia while the forum was down, and the game itself is all the style like your new picture (I think it's called Shell-shading). Only thing I would fix are the ripples, right now they just seem like pencil lines.

Overall-very well done.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I absolutely love it!!! It is unusual and creative. The lighting is wonderful.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I think that YOU have a talent in drawing. I love the tree. I'm working on a forest scenery now. Will post it soon. Good luck with everything and keep up the awesome work!

worldtree.png

That is really cool, awesome! :D

I absolutely love it!!! It is unusual and creative. The lighting is wonderful.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I love the new piece Zizoiz. I had been playing the new Prince of Persia while the forum was down, and the game itself is all the style like your new picture (I think it's called Shell-shading). Only thing I would fix are the ripples, right now they just seem like pencil lines.

Overall-very well done.

Thanks! The style is actually cell-shading-or something similar, since I'm using blurs to create a bit of a gradient, too but...

Which part of the ripples? the lineart, or the color? :?: