Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

Fire Plugin

What if you don't want to have to re-open the plugin?

I don't understand what you mean. There is a cancel plugin and Ctrl-Z works fine after running it - as with most other plugins.

Cool work, thanks again, although I really think you should consider updating your plugin pack if it isn't too much trouble. :)

What if you don't want to have to re-open the plugin?

I don't understand what you mean. There is a cancel plugin and Ctrl-Z works fine after running it - as with most other plugins.

Sometime users forgets what the defult value is and wants to a reset button to set it.

Because once you clicked "OK" even if you Ctrl+Z, when you run the plugin again, it will jump to the last value the users used, and not the defult.

Unless you restart PDN.

And the goes for all other plugins too. (Hint hint to all plugin makers :wink: )

oh sorry sabrown i didnt know it reset it once you closed it :D lol sorry :oops: nice plugin though :D sorry :oops:

@ash: this plugin automaticly resets it....well from what ive seen from it it does :D

Also Ctrl+F= Random results

Maybe add a reseed or random buton?

Cool plugin none the less, lets hope new users will still learn the fire tut, before using this plugin. :)

I don't think this is a cool plugin at all - it's a fire plugin and it's hot!!

Thanks for doing a plugin that reduces the steps required. As suggested, a re-seed option would be great.

How high?

Edit: I gather you mean that in the sense of 2D offset?

Yep that's hit, just like the center option on plugins like bulge, although I don't see where the horizontal option would fit, but anyways...

Nicely done so far.

Perhaps you could also add the option to keep the backbround transparent. If it becomes black, you'll only be able to use the fire as a background. I'd love to put fire at the foreground as well as the background.

By the way, you might want to point out that this effect doesn't work with any older version of Paint.NET than 3.30. I tried it with 3.22, and it "crahed and burned" so to speak. :wink:

Cheers

All new plugins were made for new versions, since you don't get support when using an old version.

I know. :wink: It's just that I saw this other topic where the author did note that his plugin wouldn't work with older versions. If I hadn't read that, I'd have been debugging the plugin for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I think you're right.

Thanks man, combining this with other plug-ins helps create some great effects. I combined it with the Drop Ripple plug-in (sorry, forgot the creator), and got

FireAndFlames.png?t=1245507443

Thanks man, combining this with other plug-ins helps create some great effects. I combined it with the Drop Ripple plug-in (sorry, forgot the creator), and got

FireAndFlames.png?t=1245507443